About this event
Autobahn Full Course Saturday Track Event
Important COVID-19 note: If for any reason we are unable to hold this event and we (SCCA and/or Autobahn CC) have to cancel it (for example: extension of the "Shelter in Place" order), your credit card will not be charged.
SCCA Chicago Region is starting the season right with a Saturday evening driving event on the full course at Autobahn Country Club.
Event Date: May 9
On-track activities begin: 4:30 p.m. - Early start due to time of sunset
Fee: $185 online registration for SCCA members - Save $15 vs. nonmember price
$200 nonmember online registration - includes SCCA weekend membership
The schedule calls for three groups running three on-track sessions of approximately 20 minutes each. For safety and everyone's enjoyment, drivers will be divided into run groups based on skill and experience. Run groups are: novice (0-2 track days), intermediate (3 to 5 track days) and advanced (6 or more track days). You may select your preferred run group during registration, but the registrar reserves the right to change your run group as needed.
Again this year: Track Touring
Track touring gives participants and guests the chance to drive low-speed, paced laps around the track.This is the time to take your guests for a ride! There is no charge. Track touring will be held midway through the event and will last about 15 minutes. Anyone 18 years old or older with a valid driver's license may drive in track touring. Sign up at the track for this option. There are a few requirements. Please read the bottom of the next page for the touring rules and requirements.
See the bottom of the page for Track Touring rules and requirements.
CHICAGO REGION, SPORTS CAR CLUB OF AMERICA, INC. PRESENTS
Level I Track Event (TE) May 9, 2019, at Autobahn Country Club Joliet, Ill., FULL TRACK
SCCA members, pre-registered: $185, at the track: $210
Nonmembers: pre-registered (includes SCCA weekend membership): $200, at the track: $225
This Level I Track Event (TE), Sanction No. 20-TERG-9284, 5/09/2019 at Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, Ill., Full Track, is organized by the Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc. (SCCA) and will be held under the current SCCA Time Trial Rules and official updates, except as modified by these Supplemental Regulations. Please read full rule set at SCCA.com
Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc.
921 Lawn Circle
Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
Chief Steward: George Laws
Chief Registrar: Erik Vandermey
The registrar for this event is
Erik Vandermey - email@example.com
921 Lawn Circle
Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
Pre-Registered At the Track Weekend Membership*
$185 $210 $15
*All participants are required to be SCCA members. Anyone who does not have an annual membership on their person will be required to purchase a weekend membership on site.
All drivers must be at least 16 years of age and possess a current valid driver's license issued by his or her state of residence. Any driver under 18 must be a full SCCA member and have a Minor Annual Waiver SCCA Notary 1068 Form on file with the National SCCA office. The original document must be submitted and processed by the SCCA National office before the driver attends the event.
All drivers need to present a completed tech inspection sheet and helmet to registration at the event.
Pertinent dates for this event (all dates 2019):
Opening date for receipt of entries 12:01 AM CDT — April 3
Early discount expires 11:59 PM CDT --- April 10
Online registration closes 11:59 PM CDT — May 7
Cancellation fee is $10 until 11:59 PM CDT, May 7; after that time, the cancellation fee is $50.
Entry fee will not be refunded after 11:59 PM CDT, May 9; instead it will be credited toward future Track Events.
Registration and technical inspection 2:00 to 3:30 PM
Mandatory drivers meeting 4:00 PM
On track activities commence 4:30 PM
Debrief and summary session After Checkered Flag
- Drivers may be held responsible for damages to property, including track and environmental damage.
- All registrants will be given car number stickers, which must be placed on the upper area of the windshield of all participating vehicles.
- All convertibles must have a factory recognized roll over structure or SCCA GCR legal rollover protection, unless pre-approved prior to the event.
- All participants must have a Snell M-2005 or better helmet. Loaner helmets may be available at the event.
Below are the Autobahn Country Club track rules. They are considered part of these supplementary regulations and are enforceable as such.
Camping by Participants may be permitted by Autobahn Circuit at its sole discretion, and shall be restricted to certain areas. Autobahn Circuit retains the right to charge a fee for camping, which fee shall include 24-hour security costs incurred by Autobahn Circuit for days in which such camping takes place. No campfires will be allowed at the Circuit.
Facilities Rules and Regulations.
Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to impose certain rules and regulations for the Circuit and Lessee agrees to enforce these rules and regulations throughout the duration of the Event. These rules and regulations include, but are not limited to, the following:
Road Course Access. Under no circumstances shall any Participant access the road course in any vehicle unless specifically authorized by, and under the control of, Lessee as part of the Event activities. Unauthorized driving shall be considered grounds for removal of the driver and the vehicle from the premises for the entire Event and for the driver’s exclusion from future events.
Alcoholic Beverages. No alcoholic beverages may be brought on site without the consent of Autobahn Circuit. No alcoholic beverages will be permitted in the pit or main paddock areas until 30 minutes after the end of the final event of each day. Lessee and its Participants (and families or guests) shall comply with all state and local liquor laws.
Minibikes, Dirt Bikes and Four Wheelers. The use of unlicensed vehicles such as minibikes, four-wheelers and dirt bikes shall be restricted to their use as service vehicles for competitors and shall only be used in the paddock area. Only licensed drivers shall use such vehicles. Children are specifically forbidden to ride such vehicles in the paddock or in any of the public areas. Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to further restrict the use of these vehicles if, in the sole discretion of Autobahn Circuit, such use is in any way a danger or annoyance to other persons. No vehicles shall be ridden or driven by any person who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to remove any person who is in violation of this rule from the premises for the duration of the Event and to forbid their attendance at future events.
Pets. All pets must be kept on a leash at all times, and all pet waste must be removed and disposed of.
Quiet Periods. No racing or unmuffled engines may be run outside of the designated times as noted in Section 4.
Campfires. No campfires will be allowed at the Circuit.
Minors and Children. All minors and children must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times.
Electricity and RV Hook-up. Participants (and families or guests) are prohibited from using any Circuit electrical and waste hook-up facilities unless consented to by Autobahn Circuit, and the use of such facilities may be subject to a separate fee.
Additional Regulations. Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to impose additional rules and regulations at any time. Such additional rules and regulations shall be provided in writing to Lessee who shall consider them to be part of this Agreement.
Track Touring Rules and Requirements
1. Only street legal and licensed vehicles that have permanently mounted passenger seats with adequate restraint systems may be used.
2. Vehicles may only be operated by drivers 18 years old or older with a current, valid state driver's license.
3. Passing is not allowed.
4. There is no "hanging back," cellphone usage or texting allowed. Drivers must maintain adequate distances between cars.
5. All passengers must be 12 years older or older and be capable of fitting in the vehicle's safety restraint system.
6. All adult participants must sign an SCCA event release and waiver form.
7. Minor participants must have the form SCCA Minor Notary 1068 09 15 signed by both parents/guardians (if both parents are living; if there is joint custody). The minor participant must sign the back. The form must be printed IN COLOR, two-sided, and be NOTARIZED IN ADVANCE. If both parents/guardians will be at the track, they may sign the form SCCA Minor SCCA Official 1068 09 15 in front of the registration official/ambassador. The minor must sign the back.
8. Once a touring participant presents their driver's license (if driving) and/or signs the appropriate waiver, they will be given a wristband. Drivers and passengers must be wearing this wristband to get on track. If you are driving in the track event, your track event wristband will be accepted for touring.