About this event
Now you can register for an annual racing number on motorsportreg!
The F.A.Q. is on the next page to answer your questions about the annual numbers.
This is NOT an SCCA weekend Membership.
Numbers in the range 1-199 are reserved for long-time competitors at the discretion of the membership chair.
Q. What is a Cal Club Autocross annual number?
A. An annual number provides a number of benefits:
- The ability to accumulate points toward the year-end championship competition
- An "annual" car number for the year (no taping 6xx numbers to your paint)
- Guaranteed entry into Sunday Championships (for those times we run out of 6xx numbers reserved for non-points card holders)
- Priority entry into some practices (this is up to the club hosting the practice)
- No gate fee
Q. How do I purchase a new annual number?
A. Check to see if the number you want is available on the Annual Number Listings, then enter it on the next page. If it was used in 2022 it is not available until 1/31/2023.
Q. How long is a Cal Club Autocross annual number valid?
- An annual number is valid from date purchased until end of calendar year it was purchased
If you are a NEW member AND it is purchased on or after September 12 (Cal Club 2022 September's Sunday Competition Event was on Sept 11, 2022) in the correct and valid annual number link (i.e. to use the number in Oct, Nov and Dec 2022 and 2023 whole year, you need to purchase the number in the 2023 annual number link), it will be valid until the end of the following calendar year it was purchased (i.e. 10/2022 - 12/2023). Thus you get 3 months free by buying early.
- An annual number expires at the end of the year but subsequently put ON HOLD until 1/1/2023. The member has until 1 month after that to renew it. If at that time the card is not renewed, then the status of the card becomes AVAILABLE to the public on 2/1/2023.
Q. Can I reserve a Cal Club Autocross annual number before paying?
A. Annual numbers are NOT put on hold/reserve by request for anyone
Q. Do I need to join SCCA to get an annual number?
A. Technically no, but you will NOT be able to compete in our events since SCCA membership is required.
Q. Do SCCA members need an annual number to compete for points or receive year end awards?
A. Yes. While an SCCA membership will provide you some of the benefits of a Cal Club Autocross annual number, it will not allow you to compete for points. Points are tracked by car number, so without the annual number, you will not be able to compete for points.
Q. Do I have to join a club to get an annual number?
A. No. You may choose no club if you do not wish to join a club.
Q. When will I receive my annual number?
A. Annual numbers are no longer mailed out as they are not required at registration (only driver's license and SCCA membership card. As long you are registered online, your name will appear on the list.