About this event
Ground School - Virtual for 2021
You already know how much fun it is to drive your BMW or MINI, or Volkswagen or a Ferrari or anything in between, but if you have never experienced the thrill of an Car control Clinic, Advanced Safety Skills School, Autocross, or High Performance Driving School on a race track – you can’t begin to imagine how much fun your car can really be. In fact if you do not have a car for the track – we offer some great opportunities for karting.
Our annual Performance Driving – Ground School will introduce you to each of our different types of driving events. We will teach you everything you need to know to become a participant. If you have been thinking about trying one of these events – this event will help you make up your mind.
THIS EVENT STARTS AT 10AM RAIN OR SHINE - Please sign on a little early to your screens set up.
The Driving Events Committee will explain the format of each type of event and show some great videos of what you can expect. Whether you are new to these events, or even if you have already participated, we are sure that you will find the presentations informative. They will include:
- Drivers Schools – your car on a racetrack – at speed. Video and commentary from events at Mont Tremblant, NHMS, Club Motorsport, Palmer Motorsports Park and Watkins Glen
- Autocross – overview of Autocross school events with video from our events held at Ft. Devens
- Advanced Skills Schools and Street Survival (for teens) – skid pad, emergency lane change, ABS, and more. This is an event that everyone should attend at least once. Held at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway parking lot.
- Karting at F1 Boston indoor and outdoor tracks – league and enduro events for everyone
- Fun Rallye
- Tips for getting the most out of our driving events
- Basic driving techniques
- Inspection and preparation of your car for the track
- Update on safety equipment (helmets, harnesses, roll bars, etc)
- Boston Chapter Mentor Program
- Questions and answers
This annual event is always well attended and is beneficial to everyone – novice or experienced. With the first Autocross or Driving School over one month away, you will have plenty of time to get you and your car ready for the start of the new season. The Ground School is a great opportunity to meet your fellow participants, get psyched, and gather some great tips about how to make the most of this season’s events!
Our hosts HMS will provide lunch and offer DISCOUNTS (to those who registered) on safety equipment such as SCHROTH Harnesses, helmets, driving shoes, driving gloves, Motul fluids, and Performance Friction Race brake pads.
Remember that a SNELL approved helmet with the appropriate sticker (SFI 31.1 and FIA 8860. Snell SA2010/2015 and M2010/2015) is required for participation in Drivers Schools or Autocross. ADSS, AC3 and Street Survival schools do not require helmets.
GROUND SCHOOL - Please register here for this event. For directions to HMS, go to www.hmsmotorsport.com. If you have questions on the event, call Cody.