About this event
THIS SCHOOL IS OPEN ONLY TO BMW CCA MEMBERS
Come out and be part of BMW Car Club of America's O'Fest 2023 with a full day High Performance Driving School at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park on Friday, September 29, 2023. Located in the northeast corner of Connecticut the O'Fest 2023 HPDE is run by the Connecticut Valley Chapter. The school has four different run groups, based on the student's experience and demonstrated abilities. The Beginner, Novice, and Intermediate run groups all provide in-car instruction from an experienced driving instructor. All drivers are placed in a run group based upon their track experience and Instructor recommendation.
Registration is limited to 55 students!
- Instructed Run Groups D-Beginner, C-Novice, and B-Intermediate is $399.00 per driver.
- Partially Instructed Run Group B-Intermediate Solo is $399 per driver.
- Non-instructed Run Group A-Advanced is $399 per driver.
- Note: Student experience level is solely as determined by the CVC Chief Driving Instructor. Should a student register for a run group higher than their experience level, the student will be reassigned and notified accordingly.
- BMW of North America will be offering Charity Rides at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park during lunch hour of the HPDE! You have the opportunity to blast around the track with Bill Auberlen, Mike Renner, Tom Plucinsky, or Alex Schmuck. Who could pass that up?
- All participants will receive dicsount codes from particpating sponsors like TrackDayTire.com for the track supplies you need!
Registration closes when the school is full or midnight September 26, whichever comes first. Students will be placed on a wait list once their class (run group) is full.
- 30 or more days days before the event the registration fee is fully refunded
- 29-14 days before the event will incur a $100 cancelation fee.
- Less than 14 days before the event fee is non-refundable.
A Congratulations letter and detailed event information will be emailed to you upon your acceptance into this school.
Important: Emails tend to get quicker responses, if calling please call between 6:00-8:00 pm ONLY
We look forward to seeing you at the track!
BMW CCA Connecticut Valley Chapter HPDE Annual Sponsors
Please read the following rules and requirements for attending our driving school BEFORE YOU REGISTER! Failure to comply will result in your exclusion from the event and NO REFUND.
- YOU MUST BE A CURRENT BMWCCA MEMBER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SCHOOL. You may apply for membership by calling (864) 250-0022 and pay by credit card to obtain your membership number which must be on your application form at registration.
- ALL CARS MUST BE PRE-TECHED & COMPLETED FORM (Pre-Event Tech Inspection Form 2020-09-14.pdf ) SIGNED. Note that the 2020 form does not require a shop inspection. Inspection must be carried out by a qualified individual who is familiar with the make and model of the vehicle. The participant is solely responsible for determining the inspector’s qualifications and abilities to evaluate the vehicle being inspected.
- A valid drivers license is required at registration and you must sign the club waiver. We will provide you with your registration material including vehicle numbers and wristband. You MUST complete BOTH trackside tech & registration BEFORE attending the MANDATORY 8:30 a.m. Driver’s Meeting.
- The Speedway Café (concession stand will be open). You may bring your own food and beverage or use the concession stand.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older to drive and/or be a passenger in any car on the track. Only entrants/instructors/workers are allowed in a car on the track. Non-participating/non-working event guests are not allowed rides in student or instructor cars.
- SNELL 2015, or 2020 SA, EA or M helmets are REQUIRED. SNELL 2010 helmets are now obsolete and not allowed. No exceptions - please check your helmet!
- A limited number of helmets are available for rent, on a first come first served basis. Price and size selection available during the registration.
- All vehicles must meet comply with all Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park regulations. Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park's sound limit is 103 dB.
- Factory seatbelts, street legal harnesses, and 5 or 6-point competition harnesses and 4 point Schroth belts with anti-submarine feature are permitted. 4-point competition harnesses are not permitted. All must have metal-to-metal buckles and be in sound condition. Belts must be mounted using the factory mounting points and/or be mounted per the SCCA General Competition Rules. Equivalent restraints and seats must be provided for driver and passenger. ALL student's cars MUST have a passenger seat for an Instructor.
- ATTENTION CONVERTIBLES, OPEN CARS, AND CARS WITH REMOVABLE ROOF SECTIONS: NO REFUNDS DAY OF EVENT IF YOU FAIL THE BMW CCA BROOMSTICK TEST - "The top of the roll bar shall be a minimum of two (2) inches above the top of the driver's (and passenger's) helmet with the driver (and passenger) seated normally and restrained by seat belt/shoulder harness. A plane (Helmet Reference Plane) drawn from the top (not including padding) of the roll bar to structural parts of the chassis of the front suspension strut/shock towers shall pass over the driver's (and passenger's) helmet."
- CAMERAS: Any camera must be securely mounted and additionally constrained with a safety tether. Mount must be of a design that will not present a safety hazard to any occupant of the vehicle. Hook & loop, Velcro, etc. type fasteners are NOT allowed. External mounted cameras are NOT allowed.
- Any incident involving your vehicle, where damage occurs or injury occurs, Connecticut Valley Chapter, BMW CCA, event organizers, and event instructors, shall not be held liable.
- Any damage caused to the paddock or track, including safety barriers, is the responsibility of the participant. Note that the track may request payment on-site.
- The driver’s school committee reserves the right to deny entry based upon vehicle type and/or condition at any time, up to and including the day of the event.
- We DO NOT accept walk-ins or substitutes the day of the event.