Benzzz By the Beach - An Island ExperienceHilton Head Island
About this event
The MBCA - Carolinas Section is hosting an Eastern Regional Event in conjunction with the Hilton Head Island Concours d’Elegance from Thursday, November 3 thru Sunday November 6.
Come join us for lots of FUN, food and comradery! Our line-up includes:
Thursday, November 3 - MBCA VIP Welcome Reception and the Grand Motoring Film Festival Night The Film Festival is an evening of automotive and cinematic artistry that enters its sixth year - bigger and better than ever! This activity includes early admission to the gala, special VIP parking for our MBCA members and selected seating in the theatre to view the films. The Festival offers, a static display of fine automobiles, hors d’oeuvres and cocktails culminating with the fascinating motoring film amid red carpet sophistication!
Friday, November 4 - Driving Events
You will have a choice of one of the following uniquely different driving rallies:
- Crisscross Rally will be a spirited drive around the low country, with a local member in the lead vehicle directing the way and a sweep car at the end for each group of cars. Along the route, you will be intersecting with the other groups. At the conclusion all will meet at a local favorite restaurant for lunch. There is an additional fee for lunch.
- Lost in the Lowcountry Rally provides each vehicle with the route directions and a list of questions. It will require two (2) people in the vehicle - a driver and a navigator. You will not only learn about Hilton Head Island and the surrounding Lowcountry, but have a great time with the challenges of the route. Awards will be given for the top three vehicles that answer the most questions correctly.
Optional Friday Activities:
Bluffton Tours - sign up for one or all 3!
- On Friday morning, meet in historic Bluffton, SC at the Heyward House Visitor Center where you can experience a guided tour of the historic Heyward House.
- You will be able to stop for lunch at The Cottage Café, Bakery and Tea Room. Restaurant. Enjoy the innovative cuisine, true Southern hospitality, and a piece of Bluffton history.
- In the afternoon, a 2-hour guided walking tour of Old Town Bluffton. The tour winds through one mile of Historic Bluffton's antebellum homes and two National Historic Registry Churches.
Indigo Class at the Coastal Discovery Museum (3-4 pm)
Journey to the past and “meet” Eliza Lucas Pinckney. In 1739, when Eliza was just 17 years old, her experiments with indigo resulted in a very profitable industry for the colony of South Carolina. Hear her unique story, learn how indigo dye was made, and watch your own item turn into the magnificent blue that is created from ordinary looking leaves.
Friday Dinner at Alfred’s Restaurant - SOLD OUT
Join us at Alfred’s, a local favorite, where we have reserved the entire restaurant for our dinner. This superb restaurant features Chef Heath Prosser. He has over 30 years' experience in international cuisines, so he and his team are sure to tempt your palate with mouthwatering German and European dishes.
We begin with a cocktail hour (cash bar) and hors d’oeuvres. The selected entrees for dinner will be Potato Crusted Halibut, Grilled Filet with au Poivre Sauce, or Weinerschnitzel with Jaeger Sauce. Apple Strudel or Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie will be specially prepared by Chef Prosser’s wife and pastry Chef Linda. With German beers and fine wines, Chef Prosser, his wife Linda and the house staff will ensure our dining experience is one to remember.
Saturday Dinner at Flora’s Italian Café
Flora’s Italian Café is an award winning local restaurant, and again, we have reserved the entire restaurant for our Awards Dinner. Branco and Flora Raiac, originally from Romania, have been restaurateurs for close to 20 years and have made a name for themselves by serving fine Italian and European dishes with extensive wine selections, in a comfortable and inviting atmosphere.
Join us for the cocktail hour (cash bar) and appetizers, which will be followed by your choice of Chicken Parmigiana, Fusilli Pasticcio, or Grouper Meuniere. Coconut Cake or Chocolate Mousse Pie will be the featured desserts, freshly prepared by Pastry Chef Flora.
In addition to the great meal, we will feature a guest speaker, present the award for the “People's Favorite Roadster” from the Car Club Showcase, as well as the awards for the winners of Friday’s Driving Events.
Saturday & Sunday – 20th Anniversary of the Hilton Head Island Car Club Showcase & Concours d’Elegance
Rain is not invited this year!! MBCA-Carolinas Section will present “The History of the Mercedes-Benz Roadster” at the Car Club Showcase on Saturday, November 5. The display will tell the story of the Mercedes-Benz Roadster, featuring ten (10) beautiful Mercedes-Benz roadsters in all of their glory, beginning from the iconic 300SL Roadster in 1957 to the modern 2020 AMG GTR Roadster!
The Legends of the Autobahn – East will also be held on Saturday. Join MBCA, BMWCCA, and Audi Club NA. This year MBCA celebrates the 50th anniversary of the introduction of the W116 S class.
The grand finale will be the Hilton Head Island Concours d’Elegance on Sunday, celebrating its 20th Anniversary! This show always has some beautiful cars displayed. One of the featured special displays is the BEST IN SHOW HALL OF FAME!
Like masterpieces hung in a museum, a representation of the magnificent machines crowned Best of Show will gather for a reunion in 2022. During this unprecedented anniversary event, visitors, sponsors and honored guests will experience a stunning exhibit set in a breathtakingly beautiful frame.
As an added bonus, members will be able to purchase tickets to the HHI Concours when you register for the Benzzzz By the Beach Regional Event. A $5 discount is offered for the 2-Day “HHI Concours d’Elegance Advanced Ticket package” for MBCA members.
We have a limited number of rooms reserved at the following hotels that are available now:
Sonesta Resort ($164 + $10 resort fee) at this SONESTA LINK
Hampton Inn ($169) at this HAMPTON LINK
Vacation rentals are also available on Hilton Head Island that may interest our members. Check them out at vrbo.com, airbnb.com and other similar websites.
Please read carefully:
You must be a member of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America to register for Benzzz By the Beach - An Island Experience. A member can include their associate member or a guest on their registration.
- Make sure your MBCA profile is correct on mbca.org and you have included your associate member's name.
- Make sure your MotorsportReg.com user name matches exactly as it appears for your MBCA Membership and you have included your MBCA member number. Otherwise, the member verification process cannot validate your membership.
If you are a NOT a member of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America, you must join in order to attend our event. To join, go to www.mbca.com or call the National Business Office at 800.637.2360 or 719.633.6427. The annual membership fee is $55.
- Many activities have limits on the number of attendees. MBCA members will be registered for any activity based on the date and time of their registration.
- If any activity has reached capacity, registrants will be placed on a waitlist. If there is sufficient interest, additional activities may be added and all registrants will be notified of these new activities.
- All registrations will be placed on a temporary hold so they can be reviewed for accuracy and complete information. After your registration has been reviewed and is accepted, you will be charged for the event. Your position in the queue will not be impacted by this review process.
If you are participating in one of the driving event on Friday, November 4, 2022, you will be required to sign a waiver prior to your departure from the starting location. All participants in the vehicle MUST sign this waiver and be registered for the Benzzz By the Beach Event.