About this event
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) is conducting a series of road rallies and schools designed to introduce rallying to newcomers as well as to refresh and reinforce key concepts for our more experienced rallyists. This “Back-to-Basics” (B2B) series consists of four events of progressive challenge level staged over several months. Attend one or all and build your road rally skills! No prior rally experience or SCCA membership is necessary.
We cordially invite all fellow car enthusiasts to this second of the B2B series of rallies designed to help you develop or refine your rally skills. This What Was That? is a drive on some of the nice roads in Cooke County. A GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally, we will ask questions about things you SEE along the way.
A short virtual Rally School on Sunday, March 13 will introduce the rally types and discuss the rules and instructions for this rally (for details and to pre-register for the School go to http://msreg.com/B2B22-1RSmsr). For those who can’t join the live session, we will post a YouTube video recording of the session.
- Rally Day: Saturday, March 19, 2022
- Check-in and starting place: Clark’s Outpost Restaurant, 103 N Ray Roberts Pkwy, Tioga, TX 76271. It’s on Hwy 377 just south of Farm 121 Road in Tioga
- Registration/check-in: 10:00 to 10:30 am
- Safety Briefing: 10:35 am
- Car No. 1 leave the start: 11:01 am
- Car No.1 finishes at Clark’s Outpost: ~ 2:00 pm
- Awards: ~ 3:30 pm
- Length: around 57 miles
- Finish: Clark’s Outpost, 103 N Ray Roberts Pkwy, Tioga, TX 76271, where we will gather for a beverage or meal, announcements and awards
- Rally type: GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally
- Route: paved roads in Cooke County, Texas
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies).
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- Rally entry fee: regular SCCA Members $20; Weekend Members $30 (includes membership fee). A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rallymaster: Liz Witt
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. We encourage entrants to pre-register at least a few days in advance. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”.
Note: completion of the first rally of the Back-to-Back Series is not a pre-requisite to signing up for this event. However, it can provide useful experience to build on. If you wish to run Rally#1 (Did you SEE that?), contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a full package of rally materials that will allow you to run the rally on your own.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the third event in the 2022 Texas Region SCCA RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a Social Rally by SCCA, under Sanction Number 22-RRSG-57803. It does not qualify for Regional or National Championship points.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If any one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from email@example.com, or at registration.
For purposes of liability insurance protection, SCCA has (re)instituted membership requirements for RoadRally participants. There must be at least one SCCA Member in every rally car, either a regular/annual Member or a Weekend Member. If not currently a Member, you will be registered as a Weekend Member during online pre-registration. The following scenarios apply:
(1) If both Driver and Navigator are already regular Members, either one can complete this registration for the team and receive the Member rate for the for the team/car.
(2) If only one of the team is a regular Member, then that Member should complete this registration, so as to receive the Member entry fee rate for the team/car. The other person(s) will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part).
(3) If neither Driver nor Navigator are regular Members, you have the option of first signing up for a regular Membership (www.scca.org). and then returning to this registration process, now under one of the previous two scenarios. Otherwise, if you proceed, the registration system will assign the person registering as a Weekend Member, which entitles them to certain benefits (see below). The other person(s) in the car will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part). If there is a preference for who becomes a Weekend Member, then that person should complete this registration. The other occupants of the car will be registered as Trial Members (no action required on their part). Under this scenario, you qualify for the Non-Member/Weekend Member entry fee rate, which includes the cost for the one Weekend Membership.
Note for Members completing the Registration: MSReg verifies your membership against the SCCA database. Your Member number, first name and last name must all match exactly with the SCCA data. The verification uses the name in your MSReg account profile, so please make sure that your name matches the one in your SCCA profile exactly to avoid verification failures (e.g., Steve vs Stephen will cause a mismatch error). If different, we recommend that you update your MSReg account name to match the SCCA data.
Term: 5 days (consecutive) from day of initial event
Entitled to full participation privileges in SCCA events excluding SCCA Pro Racing events
Entitled to apply a $15 coupon towards any SCCA Annual Membership within 60 days of issuance
Weekend Member will receive email with details and membership upgrade coupon a day or two after the Rally