About this event
The National Capital and Tarheel Chapters are headed back to the BMW Performance Center in Greer, South Carolina on August 29th for our first (rescheduled) ///M Club Day driving event of 2020. As always, the Performance Center provides current model ///M cars, instructors, gas, tires, lunch and a first-class facility for a fun-filled day at the track. Just show up ready to drive.
The focus of this event is on improving your driving skills and having fun through a combination of driving exercises, classroom instruction and competitive events. No helmets or previous driving school experience are required. All skill levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.
This school is a special program designed by the Performance Center staff specifically for the National Capital and Tarheel chapters. It will be similar to previous ///M Club Day events, which have included instruction on proper driving position, vehicle dynamics, car-control skills, weight-transfer, oversteer/understeer and improved vision. The day is divided into morning and afternoon sessions which mix skill exercises and competitive events, including skid pad wet/dry courses, braking and handling practice, autocross and more.
We will be driving current model BMW ///M Cars for this event. Please note that the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to this program, so session contents and the ///M cars available may vary from one school to the next.
Our event hotel is the Greenville Marriott. The special BMW rate includes the breakfast buffet for up to two people plus Internet service. Register at:www.marriott.com/GSPAP and enter BMW as the Corporate code. The Marriott has a great lobby bar for getting together after the driving and dinner events. Remember, no food service is available for breakfast Saturday morning at the Performance Center.
Friday August 28, 2020
- 6:45 AM - Meet and sign-in at the Manassas Cracker Barrel, just off I-66W
- 7:00 AM - NoVa Convoy leaves for Greer, SC
- 4:00 PM - Visit & Tour BMW Foundation - GENESIS: BMW From the Beginning exhibit
- 6:30 PM - Group Dinner @ Barley's in Greenville
Saturday, August 29, 2020
- 8:00 AM - Meet @ Performance Center
- 8:15 AM - Drive day begins
- 5:00 PM - Drive day ends
- 6:00 PM - Group Dinner @ Blue Ridge Brewing Company in Greer
The Fine Print. Please read carefully!!!
- All drivers must be BMW CCA members or attend with a club member who pays for the event. In other words, the payment for all school attendees must come from a club member. More information is available by contacting the event coordinator.
- NCC and Tarheel chapter members have first acceptance priority for one week, until April 21st, 2020. After that date, slots will be open first-come, first-served to all qualified BMW CCA members.
- The NCC and the Tarheel event coordinators accept applicants into this school through the MotorsportReg.com registration site.
- Each BMW CCA member can bring one or more non-member(s) under their membership/registration/payment.
- Contact BMW CCA Headquarters to become a member of the NCC and/or Tarheel chapters for priority acceptance.
- Acceptance into this event will be made starting on or about April 21, 2020 by the event coordinator.
- Registration on this site does not constitute acceptance into this event. It places you in the registration queue and on the new applicant list.
- All drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver's license. Sorry, no exceptions.
- The cost of $750.00 per day per driver and includes driving Performance Center ///M cars, tires, gas, instructors and lunch at the Performance Center.
- Travel expenses, meals and lodging costs are the responsibility of the attendees and not included in the $750.00 event registration fee.
- You do not have to own a BMW or M-car to attend this event. (However, be prepared - you may purchase one when you return home!)
- BMW Foundation tours will be available at the discretion and schedule of the Foundation.
Directions to NoVa convoy start:
From the Washington, DC, Beltway (I-495)
- Take I-495 to I-66 west.
- Exit at 47B (north 234).
- Turn right at traffic light onto Battleview Parkway to the Cracker Barrel.
From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695)
- Take I-95 south to I-495 west.
- Follow the directions above.
We anticipate, based on past experience, that this school will fill rapidly. The cost of the school is $750.00 per driver per day. Registration will open at 7:00 PM on Tuesday, April 14th and close on August 15th or when the event is full, at the discretion of the event coordinators.
For this joint event, the National Capital and Tarheel chapters are each allocated 16 slots (school has 32 drivers in total.) Completed applications will be accepted first-come, first-served, based on the registration date. Applications will be considered complete upon receipt of both the registration and full payment by credit card or eCheck. Your payment reserves your spot!
We share cars for this event. Each driver gets the same amount of time driving. Passengers are not required to ride in the car when not driving. Applicants can sign up to have a car to themselves for the entire day. No sharing, you will drive all day by yourself for $1,500.
Each driver must pay the $750.00 fee to participate on each day. Sorry, no one drives for free. Non-driving guests are welcome for Foundation tour, social / dinner events and to accompany the instructors at the track. Non-drivers may not ride in the cars on track with participants.
Based on high demand and past experience, you should act early to reserve your spot in this event. NCC and Tarheel members have registration priority until April 21st. After that date, slots will be open to all qualified BMW CCA members.
NOTE: Registering on this site does not mean that you are automatically accepted into this event. If accepted, confirmation information and instructions will be sent to your MotorsportReg.com email address starting on or about April 21st, 2020. Payments will be taken when you are entered into this school by the event coordinator.
Do not make final, non-refundable travel arrangements to this event until you are accepted, in writing, by email, from the event coordinator. Neither the National Capital or Tarheel chapters, or the BMW CCA, will reimburse any registrant or be responsible in any way at any time for any travel-related expenses incurred by participants to this event.
You are encouraged to check your registration / acceptance / wait list status in your MotorsportReg.com account.