Audi Club VIR Advanced Drivers' SchoolVirginia International Raceway
About this event
PCC's annual event for ADVANCED Drivers, club racers, and race teams on VIR's Full Course. This event offers a maximum track exposure of up to eight (8) hours per day, advanced classroom sessions related to high performance driving with an option to request an Audi Club instructor/coach or bring your own individual coach who must be approved by the Audi Club CI. Don't miss out on expert instruction by special guests who will provide specialized workshops and interactive sessions throughout the event!
The structure of this event is as follows:
- Open to Advanced Solo run group drivers (Group 1 - Black/Advanced, Group 0 - Red/Instructor, Expert), current instructors, and those with a current race license from an approved sports car racing sanctioning organization (e.g., SCCA, NASA, PCA, BMW CCA, IMSA, etc.).
- The open track format will maximize run and on-track coaching time while taking into consideration opportunities to access guest experts and specialized workshops.
- Our special guest experts are
- Dion von Moltke who will be doing 3 workshops on improving your lap times. He will also offer individual data/video coaching sessions: $150 for a 30 minute session, or free for Blayze members (www.blayze.io).
- Mike Skeen (mikeskeen.com) is a professional driver and coach with experience across all sorts of platforms. He is currently a driver of the #32 Mercedes-AMG GT3 in the IMSA GTD category, which lead the most laps at this years 24 Hours of Daytona. He is an expert in data analysis for car and driver development and is happy to call VIR his home Track.” Besides doing 2 classroom sessions Mike will be offering 6 sessions at 45 minutes each of coaching (data analysis, baseline laps, demonstration laps with student) for $450 each. Be sure to check out YouTube.com/mikeskeenracing
- Mike Levitas of TPC Racing (www.tpcracing.com) is a championship winning Porsche GT3 driver and team owner. He was also a class winner at the Daytona 24. Mike will be doing question/answer sessions on advanced suspension setup. See Mike’s extensive experience and background at https://www.tpcracing.com/about-us/
For signups for coaching sessions with Dion von Moltke or Mike Skeen please contact Matt Hull, Event Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Driver School event rules & regulations related to Age & Licensing, Driver Level/Group Guidelines, Open Top and High Center of Gravity Vehicles, Helmets, and Refunds and Cancellations listed on the Driver School Event Rules page, so please review!
You must be an Advanced Solo (not simply solo/intermediate like the Audi Club Group 2 - Blue or PCA White) run group driver (i.e. Audi Club Group 1 - Black and Group 0 - Red), current instructor, or hold a current race license from an approved sports car racing sanctioning organization (e.g., SCCA, NASA, PCA, BMW CCA, IMSA, etc.). Please ensure your driving history in MSR is up-to-date. If you have not previously participated in an event with our chapter, you may be asked to provide an experience resume.
Active Audi Club North America (ACNA) membership is required to participate in this event. If you are not a member, or your membership expires prior to the start of the event, you will not be able to register. Please visit audiclubna.org/join to join or renew. If you are a new member, you will receive an email with credentials to login to your account and retrieve your member number (you can also use the Audi Club app). Once you have your member number, please follow these instructions to add it to your profile.
ALL DRIVERS AND COACHES must register and pay the appropriate registration fee. Coaches who will not be driving can register for free. Coaches who will only be driving a registered driver's car for a lap or two (e.g., to perform reconnaissance, set baselines, etc.) are also allowed to register for free.
VEHICLE NOTE: You do not need to drive an Audi to participate in this event. Convertibles are only permitted IF approved safety equipment is installed. High center-of-gravity vehicles (e.g., SUVs, CUVs, etc.) are not eligible. Non-street-legal open-wheeled cars are not eligible to participate.
The event does require a tech inspection form completed and stamped by a mechanic be submitted at onsite registration check-in. We will perform a tech inspection on site. Daily peer inspections are recommended to make sure your car is in safe condition. Be sure to wear long pants, a long-sleeve shirt and closed toe shoes.
The Pre-event Information Packet will be posted 3-5 weeks prior to the event on the PCC website . Once The Pre-event Information Packet is available, download, and READ CAREFULLY as they contain important info, such as tech inspection requirements, waiver forms, on-site registration location, etc. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to review the packet and have the appropriate forms completed. If needed, other updates will be posted here and sent via email to registered attendees.
For more information about this and other PCC-ACNA events visit our website at audiclubna.org/potomac.