Audi Club Summit Advanced Drivers' SchoolSummit Point - Summit Point Circuit
About this event
PCC's NEW event for ADVANCED Drivers, club racers, and race teams on Summit's Main Course. This event offers a maximum track exposure of up to eight (8) hours per day, advanced classroom sessions related to high performance driving with an option to request an Audi Club instructor/coach or bring your own individual coach pending Audi Club CI approval. Don't miss out on expert instruction by special guests (see below)who will provide specialized workshops, one-on-one coaching and interactive sessions throughout the event!
The structure of this event is as follows:
- Open to Advanced Solo run group drivers (Group 2 - Black, Group 1 - Red), current instructors, and those with a current race license from an approved sports car racing sanctioning organization (e.g., SCCA, NASA, PCA, BMW CCA, IMSA, etc.).
- The open track format will maximize run and on-track coaching time while taking into consideration opportunities to access guest experts and specialized workshops.
- Our guest experts will be conducting classroom sessions covering topics related to high performance driving skill techniques, chassis setups, data analysis as well as any other topic that attendees wish to address. All are welcome to attend.
At no additional cost to you the guest experts include:
- Mike Levitas, founder of TPC Racing, will provide workshops on suspension set up and will be available to set reference laps in your car. TPC Racing won the GT class in the 2006 Rolex 24 hours of Daytona, and has great success running professional race programs for Lamborghini and Porsche through Mike’s deep knowledge of chassis development and suspension engineering.
- Ken Hill is a professional coach for Blayze, and considered one of the top motorsports coaches in the US. Ken will join us on Tuesday 9/27and provide classroom sessions on Car Placement, and Vision and Focus. In addition, Ken will be available for 45 minute time slots to work with you one-on-one. Sign up will be available at the track on Monday, so be there early to reserve your spot before they fill up.
- Sean Finnegan is an expert in motorsports data acquisition development and utilization. Sean will provide classroom sessions on how to effectively use data acquisition to improve lap times, car handling, and vehicle setup.
General Driver School event rules & regulations related to Age & Licensing, Driver Level/Group Guidelines, Open Top and High Center of Gravity Vehicles, Helmets, and Refunds and Cancellations listed on the Driver School Event Rules page are also valid, so please review!
You must be an Advanced Solo (not simply solo as in Audi Club Group 3 - Blue or PCA Whte) run group driver (i.e. Audi Club Group 2 - Black and Group 1 - Red), current instructor, or hold a current race license from an approved sports car racing sanctioning organization (e.g., SCCA, NASA, PCA, BMW CCA, IMSA, etc.). Please ensure your driving history in MSR is up-to-date. If you have not previously participated in an event with our chapter, you may be asked to provide an experience resume.
Active Audi Club North America (ACNA) membership is required to participate in this event. If you are not a member, or your membership expires prior to the start of the event, you will not be able to register. Please visit audiclubna.org/join to join or renew. If you are a new member, you will receive an email with credentials to login to your account and retrieve your member number (you can also use the Audi Club app). Once you have your member number, please follow these instructions to add it to your profile.
ALL DRIVERS AND COACHES must register and pay the appropriate registration fee. Coaches who will not be driving can register for free. Coaches who will only be driving a registered driver's car for a lap or two (e.g., to perform reconnaissance, set baselines, etc.) are also allowed to register for free.
VEHICLE NOTE: You do not need to drive an Audi to participate in this event. Convertibles are only permitted IF approved safety equipment is installed. High center-of-gravity vehicles (e.g., SUVs, CUVs, etc.) are also restricted. Additional details, including pre-approved makes/models, are provided in the Driver School Event Rules. Open wheeled cars are not eligible to participate.
The event does require a tech inspection form completed and stamped by a mechanic be submitted at onsite registration check-in. We will perform a tech inspection on site. Daily peer inspections are recommended to make sure your car is in safe condition. Also a completed the Medical form is to be turned in at onsite registration. Be sure to wear long pants, a long-sleeve shirt and closed toe shoes.
The Pre-event Information Packet will be posted 3-5 weeks prior to the event on the PCC website . Once The Pre-event Information Packet is available, download, and READ CAREFULLY as they contain important info, such as tech inspection requirements, waiver forms, on-site registration location, etc. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to review the packet and have the appropriate forms completed. If needed, other updates will be posted here and sent via email to registered attendees.
For more information about this and other PCC-ACNA events visit our website at audiclubna.org/potomac.