About this event
Update 8/18/2020: The Audi Club Glacier Lakes Board of Directors has determined it is in the best interest of the Club to cancel quattroberfest 2020. The decision was difficult and one that we did not make quickly. At four weeks out we simply did not have enough registrations to support the significant costs of this event. Ultimately, we aligned on cancellation to maintain the continued fiscal health of our chapter. Those already registered will be issued a refund. Thank you for your understanding. We hope to be back with quattroberfest 2021 next fall.
Join us for quattroberfest 2020 our premier High Performance Driver Education (HPDE) event September 11 - 13, 2020 at Brainerd International Raceway (BIR) on the Donnybrook Course.
quattroberfest offers HPDE instruction for novice, intermediate and advanced driver classes on Saturday and Sunday. Our advanced drivers also have the option of participating in a Lapping Day on Friday.
We reviewed feedback from quattroberfest 2019 and made a few adjustments for 2020. We are returning to the popular Donnybrook course (long course) [Click here for Road Course Map]. Saturday morning in-car exercises will be hosted in the historical locations which allow participants more repetition and less down time during those segments. We’ve kept the popular lapping day, and will once again have access to garage stalls for those who like that rental option.
Update June 13, 2020: Guest speaker Andrew Rains will be joining us for quattroberfest 2020! Andrew is a co-founder of APEX Pro, a company whose mission is to add value to customers by making motorsports data acquisition enjoyable, accessible, and social. Andrew has been racing for a decade, most notably winning a SCCA Club Racing Championship, and running for three years in the Pirelli World Challenge Championship in the Touring Car class. As a private coach and an instructor for the Porsche Track Experience at Barber Motorsports Park, Andrew invests tons of time into helping drivers understand how to get the most out of the car on track. Andrew will be participating in driver discussion sessions to discuss data analysis and other topics. He will also partner with our instructors in their ongoing development.
Schedule of Events
Friday, September 11th
Lapping Day – Instructor, Advanced, and Intermediate-Approved-to-Solo
Lapping at BIR on the Donnybrook Track
- Gates open at 7:00 a.m.
- Registration 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
- Lapping at BIR on the Donnybrook Track
Friday Evening for All Saturday & Sunday Drivers and Instructors
Registration and Social at Arrowwood Lodge at Brainerd Lakes in Baxter, MN.
- 6:00 - 8:30 p.m. Check-in for event and pick up registration packet
- Mingle with other participants, sponsors, and volunteers
Driver’s Meeting 7:00 p.m. – Mandatory for Novice and Intermediate drivers; Encouraged for all other drivers.
- Instructor/Student introductions
- General weekend expectations
- Preparation Tips
- Registration and Social at Arrowwood Lodge at Brainerd Lakes in Baxter, MN.
Saturday, September 12th
- High Performance Driver’s Education at BIR.
- Novice and Intermediate* drivers will mix classroom instruction with in-car exercises in the morning and on-track sessions on the Donnybrook Course in the afternoon. (*for intermediate-approved-to-solo drivers, in-car exercises are optional)
- Advanced drivers, Instructors**, and Intermediate-approved-to-solo will have open lapping in the morning on the Donnybrook course. (** Instructors: You will be assigned time slots for helping with exercises in the morning)
- Evening Dinner and Social
Sunday, September 13th
- High Performance Driver’s Education at BIR on the Donnybrook Track
- Novice and Intermediate drivers will mix classroom instruction with on-track sessions
- Advanced drivers and Instructors will have on-track sessions
- Friday Only(1) $275
- Saturday & Sunday Only $445
- Friday(1), Saturday & Sunday $565
(1) Participation in Friday's Lapping Day is limited to Instructor, Advanced, and Intermediate-Approved-to-Solo drivers (as ranked by ACGL). If you are unsure of your eligibility, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before registering. (2) Online registration closes on August 28. Only Instructors, Advanced, and Intermediate-Approved-to-Solo drivers (as ranked by ACGL) will be permitted to register at the event. An additional $50 fee will be assessed for registration at the event.
Instructor Registration – Saturday & Sunday Instructors who would like to participate in track sessions on Saturday and Sunday can do so at the following rates:
- Sat & Sunday Only - One Student $250
- Sat & Sunday Only - Two Students $150
- Friday Lapping plus Sat & Sunday - One Student $475 ($250 Sat/Sun + $225 Lapping Day)
- Friday Lapping plus Sat & Sunday - Two Students $375 ($150 Sat/Sun + $225 Lapping Day)
- Sat & Sunday - No track time, instruction only $0
Saturday Evening Dinner (optional)
- Participant $20
- Guest, Non-Participant $20
Helmet Rental (optional) $65 (for the weekend)
Garage Stall Rental (optional) $65 (for the weekend)
Preferred Hotel rate information will be sent with your confirmation email. Preferred Hotel rates are only available until August 11th, so register early to secure your hotel discount rate!
New to HPDE and want to learn more about what to expect?
Contact us at email@example.com
No experience is necessary! All drivers are welcome under the following conditions:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must have and present a valid driver’s license
- Must be a member of ACNA
- Must follow the rules established by ACNA, ACGL and track safety team at all times
- Must wear long pants and long-sleeve shirts of 100% cotton – no poly blends – and closed toed shoes suitable for driving. No cleated shoes, heavy boots, mules or sandals are allowed.
- Helmets must be worn by all participants during all in-car sessions
- All helmets used are required to have the current Snell Memorial Foundation certification sticker
- Use of Snell Special Application (SA) rated helmets is required for all vehicles that have supplemental rollover or impact protections installed, including OEM and aftermarket roll bars or roll cages.
- Use of Snell Motorcycle (M) rated helmets is permitted in stock vehicles that solely utilize factory impact protection.
|M||2010||Dec. 31, 2021|
|SA||2010||Dec. 31, 2021|
|SA||2015||Dec. 31, 2026|
- If you do not own one of the permitted helmets listed above, you can request helmet rental during registration
- You must bring your own vehicle to the event - we do not supply vehicles for use at the event.
- Vehicle must provide complete rollover protection for the body, head, and limbs.
- While we are obviously huge Audi fans, you do not need to bring an Audi to the event. All makes are welcome.
- Targa© - type tops with structurally integrated roll hoops are allowed, however enforcement of the broomstick rule is required.
Your vehicle must receive a Safety Inspection, commonly referred to as a “Tech Check”, from an authorized shop within 30 days prior to the start of the event. You must bring this completed form with you to the event!
- Click here to download a copy of the form: Tech Check Form.
For those unfamiliar with this process, a qualified technician performs a technical evaluation of your vehicle to confirm it appears adequately prepared to run at high speeds. Many shops are familiar with this process and can provide assistance. Consider contacting one of our sponsors for your tech check:
- Anderson Motorsport
- Audi Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Audi Richfield
- Auto Edge
- Further Performance
- Nur Technik
The following are not permitted in Audi Club Driving School or Clinic events:
High-center-of-gravity vehicles (Truck, Van, SUV-Sport Utility Vehicle, CUV-Crossover Utility Vehicle) are not permitted in Audi Club Driving School or Clinic events except those included in the ACNA Vehicle Participation Exception List. The following Audi models are included in the exception list and are therefore permitted:
- Audi Q3 (2014+)
- Q5/SQ5 (2009+)
- Audi A6 allroad (2001+)
- Audi A4 allroad (2013+)
- Convertibles are not permitted in ACNA driving schools that takes place “at speed.” Convertibles with factory roll hoops and/or deployable rollover protection are also not permitted. These include Audi TT Roadster, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi A3/S3 Cabriolet, A4/S4 Cabriolet, Audi A5/S5 Cabriolet, Porsche Boxster, Porsche Carrera, BMW 2/3/4/6 Series, BMW Z, etc.
- Removable hard tops are not permitted. A removable hard-top is a convertible that has a separate hard top attachment. ACNA policy states “Retracting hard-tops are not considered structural.”
- Retracting hard tops are not permitted. A retractable hardtop, also known as coupe convertible or coupe cabriolet, is a type of convertible. ACNA policy states “Retracting hard-tops are not considered structural.”
- High-center-of-gravity vehicles (Truck, Van, SUV-Sport Utility Vehicle, CUV-Crossover Utility Vehicle) are not permitted in Audi Club Driving School or Clinic events except those included in the ACNA Vehicle Participation Exception List. The following Audi models are included in the exception list and are therefore permitted:
- If you have a question about the eligibility of your vehicle, please contact us prior to registering at firstname.lastname@example.org