About this event
ARPCA HPDE at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course 2.4 mile circuit!
Saturday and Sunday September 16 & 17 – In-car Instructed HPDE
Friday September 15 – Advance Solo Lapping for those eligible (A/I/B Solo eligible)
WAIVERS - BOTH MUST BE SIGNED:
ARPCA SPEEDWAIVER (IF NOT SIGNED WHEN REGISTERED): https://arpca.speedwaiver.com/slfpp
MID-OHIO E-WAIVER - (ADDED 9/7/2023): https://greensavoreeracingpromotions.speedwaiver.com/cropv
Saturday & Sunday HPDE School
Want to learn how to drive or enhance your skills on a spectacular, and challenging track? ARPCA has a long history of making everyone feel welcome and you will see plenty of “non-Porsches” at our events. In-car instruction is provided for beginner, novice, and early intermediate run groups. You will receive approximately 2hr driving time on track per day!
BONUS $50 EARLY REGISTATION DISCOUNT IF REGISTERED ON/BEFORE MAY 31, 2023 (automatically applied at checkout)
Friday Lapping Day - STUDENTS & INSTRUCTORS
Approved Advanced Solo drivers and Instructors may add September 15 as an optional third day. B solo drivers may apply for (Lapping Day) with or without prior Mid-O experience (may need recommendation from home CDI if limited MSR logbook experience). C & D drivers are NOT eligible. Please indicate as part of registration if interested in attending Friday Lapping Day as may not be automatically available.
NOTE: Friday is an event option ONLY in addition to Sat/Sun registration and NO in-car instruction provided.
BONUS $25 EARLY REGISTATION DISCOUNT IF REGISTERED ON/BEFORE MAY 31, 2023 (automatically applied at checkout)
If not currently an ARPCA approved instructor, please register for event and include your PCA NDEIT Registration # in text box provided (MSF #, or similar from BMW or Audi CCA, and note club affiliation) Or recommendation from home club CDI to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. If Instructor option Waitlisted, register as an "A Driver" and also "Waitlist for I" along w separate email to email@example.com indicating interest still being event Instructor. Eligible Instructors will be pulled from A Driver registrations and moved to Instructor on a first come first serve basis as needed.
A Track Tour will be offered Friday evening after we “go cold” from ASL day ~ around 17:30 (5:30PM). Available to all drivers and recommended for new or drivers new to Mid-O. Please indicate interest as an option with your registration. Details will be distributed prior to event.
Costs and Options
- Driver Registration Sat/Sun: $450
Register on/before May 31, 2023 save $50 (AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECK-OUT)
- Instructor Sat/Sun: $100 (driving)
- Friday Lapping Day: $225 (approval required and MUST include Sat/Sun registration)
Register on/before May 31, 2023 save $25 (AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECK-OUT)
- Garages: $150 pull-thru, $200 non-pull-thru (closed end)
Run Groups – NEW FOR 2023
Starting in 2023, ARPCA allows you to select group you feel most appropriate for your experience and comfort levels. PLEASE NOTE: The Chief Driving Instructor has ultimate decision to accept or reassign any and all driver run-groups based on individual experience detail available from MSR Logbooks, outside CDI recommendations, and or based on total participants registered for event. Selections for drivers are:
A : Advanced Solo Drivers
B Solo: Intermediate WITHOUT in-car instruction (must be approved Solo)
B Int: Intermediate w in-car instruction provided
C: Novice drivers w in-car instruction provided
D: Beginners w in-car instruction provided
NOTE: If you are “waitlisted”, register anyway as you are very likely to get accepted into event in your requested group. Do NOT sign up for an open group as this will just delay placement. Thank you!
Will be conducted Saturday during lunchtime. With $10 cash donation per vehicle (proceeds to a worthy 501(c)3 charity per ARPCA by-laws as selected by the track team), you can do 3-5 laps in any street legal vehicle with as many occupants legally permissible.
Garages, RV/Trailer Electrical Hook-up, and Camping
Garages, while quantities last, are available to rent via your registration. Camping & RV hook-ups are NOT available at Mid-O
Payments and Refunds:
Your valid credit card will be charged immediately in order for us to process your registration. You will receive confirmation once you have been fully accepted into the event
Cancellation fee on/before June 14, 2023 - $50
Cancellation fee on/before July 14, 2023 - $75
Cancellation fee on/before August 14, 2023 - $100
NO REFUNDS after Aug 14, 2023 for any reason including mechanical failure or failure to pass tech inspection.
Lodging / Accessibility
Mid-O is located at 7721 Steams Corner Rd Lexington, OH 44904 conveniently off I-71 a short 2.5 hour from Cranberry Township, PA. There are numerous accommodations at all price points in Lexington, OH and Mansfield, OH. Please check with individual hotels regarding trailer accommodations.
Safety Requirements and Tech Information for 2023
Helmet Snell Rating Requirement
Please review the following as there have been changes made since last year:
- HELMET – 2015 or 2020 SNELL rating REQUIRED with SNELL sticker attached. SNELL SA standard strongly recommended but SNELL M helmets are acceptable. DOT-rated helmets are not acceptable. No refunds if your helmet doesn't meet the standard.
- VEHICLE SAFETY INSPECTION FORM REQUIRED: All registered drivers must print ARPCA’s Vehicle Safety Inspection form (ARPCA Vehicle Safety Insp Form), which must be completed and signed by a third-party automotive repair/inspection facility no more than 30 days before the event. Every driver must print and sign their name on the completed form, which will be collected at tech/registration.
- CAR PREPARATION/SAFETY – The driver is responsible for proper preparation and operation of their vehicle. All non-instructor-driven vehicles will be required to pass tech inspection at the track. No refunds for failure to pass tech inspection. You may remedy failed items and resubmit your vehicle for approval.
- SEATBELTS or HARNESS RESTRAINT SYSTEMS – As a minimum the vehicle shall have OEM seat belt restraints. If aftermarket harnesses are installed, proper installation requires several changes to the vehicle to create a safe occupant system. Harnesses must include an anti-submarine strap mounted in an approved manner consistent with the harness manufacturer instructions. The seats used with harnesses must be manufactured with routing holes for shoulder belts and anti-submarine belts. Equal restraint systems are required for both driver and passenger.
Harnesses will be checked for expiration date compliance. Most harnesses have a tag clearly stating when the harnesses expire. PCA National requires: “Belts must be replaced no later than five years (FIA certified), or two years (SFI certified) after the date of manufacture”. FIA harnesses manufactured in, 2019, 2020, 2021,2022 and 2023 are acceptable. SFI harnesses that were manufactured in 2022 and 2023 are acceptable. Expired harnesses will not pass tech inspection, with no refunds.
- If you have a 5-point or 6-point harness, an approved head and neck restraint is required!
- If you have anything other than OEM seat belts, 5 or 6 point harnesses installed, please contact Safety@ARPCA.com
- SEATING REQUIREMENTS – All participant vehicles must have TWO seats with equal restraints for driver and passenger. This applies to all run groups (including instructors).
- CONVERTIBLES – All “non-fixed-metal” roof cars must have OEM rollover protection (e.g. 996 and later Cabriolets, Boxsters) or a proper roll bar that passes the “broomstick test”. Convertibles will run with the top up or occupants will wear arm restraints.
- AGE – Drivers must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license.
- SHARING A CAR – Two drivers sharing a car must be registered in two different run groups.
- INSTRUCTOR OPINIONS WITH REGARD TO SAFETY TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER STUDENT OPINIONS – The instructor assigned to the student will have final say regarding the operation of the vehicle while on track. This encompasses the student's driving and operation of the vehicle and its’ equipment. Be advised that the Chief Driving Instructor is likely to side with your instructor in matters involving a difference of opinion.
- CARS NOT PERMITTED – All open-wheeled cars are prohibited. Cars with fenders attached to the suspension and not attached to the body of the car in at least two locations are prohibited.
PCA & Pitt Race Waivers: You will be required to electronically complete and sign a PCA and Pitt Race waiver. You'll receive both waiver links by email closer to the event.
Contact the ARPCA Safety/Tech chairman at Safety@ARPCA.com with any questions about vehicle suitability.
Tell us about your abilities:
- In order to place you correctly, please make sure your driving resume is up to date in MotorSportReg.
- Please make sure your logbook of experience in your member profile is current. We use this information to evaluate your experience and track driving abilities to correctly place you into your proper run group.