About this event
This is a non instructed event for advanced & solo intermidiate drivers only.
|April 20th - 21st
|The Kentucky Region Porsche Club will be hosting an Advanced Driver Education
event at NCM Motorsports Park.
While this is a Porsche Club event, we are marquee friendly and welcome other makes besides Porsche.
|If registration numbers are adequate we'll provide a custom designed event t-shirt.
Please read through all of the following information before continuing
Current Attendee List
Follow the link on the top right of this page. Available once registration opens.
The Technical Inspection form must be completed and signed within 30 days prior to event date. Self tech is allowed for advanced drivers.
Printed copies of the following documents will be provided at the event, so printing them is not required. They are provided here for convenience.
- Event Headquarters (Host Hotel) are being provided by Sleep Inn in Bowling Green If online reservation shows booked please give them a call.
- MainStay Suites is connected to Sleep Inn and offers additional lodging in the same building as the host hotel. (270) 282-4495
- Additional accommodations nearby provided by The Hotel Sync (270) 745-0123
- Additional accommodations nearby provided by the Super 8 by Wyndham Bowling Green (270) 781-4900
- Registration will be open all day Saturday and Sunday morning at the track in garage 1 & 2.
- Only three (3) run groups. (Descriptions and experience expectations are available on the next screen)
- Five (5) run sessions each day. 30 minutes each sessions.
- Driver Education (Saturday and Sunday driving): $550
- One day only (Saturday or Sunday): $300
- Garage rental $200 for weekend (20 spaces available). Only available to full weekend registrations. Garage location will be assigned at registration day of event.
- All refunds subject to 10% handling charge ≥ 9 weeks prior to event week.
- All refunds subject to 20% handling charge 8 weeks prior to event week.
- All sales final week of the event.
Additional Event Notes
- All registrations must be submitted and pre-paid through the MotorsportReg.com online system.
- Car sharing is strongly discouraged because sessions are back-to-back without the downtime to change drivers between, plus there's the possibility that both drivers might be assigned to the same run groups if skill levels are somewhat similar.
- KYPCA Driver's Education is not a race or timed event of any kind. This is an instructional activity with the purpose of developing high-performance car-handling skills.
- KYPCA Driver's Education is not a racing school and should not be considered as such.
- Safety of all participants and personnel is closely monitored at all times. There is no place for unsafe/reckless behavior at a KYPCA track event, and we will not hesitate to exclude drivers from participation should we determine in our sole discretion that such action is appropriate.
- Some suggested items to bring are: chairs of some sort, cooler with water or drinks (bottled water will also be provided), snacks, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, umbrella, tire pressure guage, large plastic bag to protect your gear, glass cleaner, rags or paper towels, video or still camera, notepad and pen, quart of oil, friends or family.
Please read through all of the following information
- You must have your car number applied to both the driver and passenger side of your car. The numbers must be of a contrasting color to your car, 1 to 3 digits, minimum 6" tall.
- Helmets - Must be Snell Certified Special Application 2015 or 2020 rated. Non-Snell rated helmets will NOT be accepted. Snell certification sticker can be found inside your helmet. Usually under the liner, at the back or on the side – check before you arrive!
- Non-participants are not permitted in cars on track. Non-participants under the age of 18 are allowed only in spectator areas. Instructors riding in student cars and students riding in instructor cars for instructional purposes are permitted. No student may ride with another student.
- Seatbelts - driver and passenger minimum 3-point (harness preferred).
- Equal restraints are required for both driver the passenger. Both driver and passenger are required to have HANS or Hybrid device if harnesses are the restraint belts.
- Convertibles with factory rollover protection will be permitted. For all other convertibles a roll bar that meets the “broomstick” test is required.
- Both driver and passenger windows must be fully down (rain or shine). Please be certain your windows are operable prior to arriving at the event.
- Tires must be in good condition, no age cracks. R-rated track tires are not recommended for novice drivers.
- Long sleeve cotton shirt, natural fiber long pants (or driving suit) are recommended but shorts and short sleeve shirts are allowed.
- Closed toe shoes with leather or canvas uppers are required.
- A current and valid driver's license (must shown at registration). Please check before arriving at the event.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- NCM enforces a sound limit of 103db @ 50 feet. Any car / driver in violation will be given the opportunity resolve the issue of a sound limit violation, if they are unable to meet this requirement they will be required to leave the event without refund.
- Drivers are responsible for the preparation and safety of their cars. You must download, print and complete a Technical Inspection Form. This form must be filled out, signed, and dated within 30 days prior to the event date. It is recommended that a qualified mechanic perform the technical inspection and self tech is allowed for advanced drivers.
- All vehicles will be inspected and must pass a basic safety check at the event prior to running.
- All participants must obey all passing rules set forth in the driver's run group meeting.
Black - Advanced/Instructors (Advanced driver with other organizations, Extensive experience @ NCM)
Registration for Advanced Drivers that can drive at pace in a group faster than Red. Requirements are rapid and real time pass signals and excellent traffic management.
Reassignment to Red will be at the discretion of event staff.
Red - Advanced/Instructors (Advanced driver with other organizations, Moderate experience @ NCM)
Advanced solo drivers. Requirements are rapid and real-time pass signals and excellent traffic management. The goal is to group drivers by relative pace.
Reassignment to another group will be at the discretion of event staff
Blue - Solo Intermediate (Solo approved drivers, Moderate experience @ NCM)
Solo approved drivers. Drivers with moderate experience @ NCM. Drivers that drive in intermediate with other organizations @ NCM.
(SOLO APPROVED intermediate drivers with little experience @ NCM need to contact the Registrar before registering)