About this event
Early Bird - Novice $275
Early Bird - Intermediate $275
Early Bird - Advanced $250
Basic requirements include:
- Licensed drivers aged 16 and up (under 18? parent or guardian must accompany you)
- Helmet, rated Snell 2015 or better (you can rent one from us if you do not have one)
- Your track-worthy passenger car (such as sedan, coupe, station wagon, etc.) No SUVS, no pick-ups, no vans permitted
- Advanced/Intermediate drivers welcome to bring their track cars
*** NOTICE: THIS EVENT WILL BE RUN ON THE BIG TRACK - WHICH IS THE 2.7 MILE AT EAGLES CANYON. AGAIN, WE WILL NOW BE RUNNING ON THE 2.7 MILE TRACK SO MAKE SURE YOUR CAR IS IN TOP SHAPE, YOU'VE GOT PLENTY OF BRAKE MATERIAL, LOTS OF TREAD, ETC. SO YOU CAN ENJOY THE EXCELLENT PRIVILEGE OF THIS LONGER TRACK.***
Oh yes, indeed! Before each event, drivers will need to perform a Tech Inspection on their car. This is required before each and every event, even if you just looked at your car last week or last month. This is for the safety of our instructors, your fellow drivers, and most of all - for you. This inspection can be done by you, your friends, or any qualified mechanic. Note that in-car fire extinguisher is no longer required. Remember that driving your car on a real race track will involve some wear and tear on your vehicle. You'll need to look over your car after the event in case of tire or brake wear, etc.
BYOC (Bring Your Own Car) allows individuals to use their own cars for high performance driving school at the Eagles Canyon. Our BYOC program caters to many drivers - beginner to advanced. We provide three separate levels grouped by experience, each with their own curriculum for drivers in our groups of Intermediate and Advanced. Our single day program provides classroom instruction sessions along with up to 2 hours of track time. Track sessions are spread throughout the day so you can learn in the classroom and then practice what you've learned on the track. The learning is progressive, so by the end of the track event you will have come a long way!
The Intermediate program is tailored towards drivers who have mastered the basics, and includes classroom instruction throughout the day with helpful feedback on techniques and driving lines, as well as in-car instruction and driver evaluation.
The Advanced group is for experienced drivers. In-car instruction is still available and encouraged, and classroom time is more specific, with the focus on fine tuning of skills using advanced techniques. We also have access to data logging where the driver's line is overlaid on the track map so the specific areas of improvement can be viewed and addressed.
The BYOC program runs rain or shine, and driving on a wet track is one of the most beneficial exercises to help advance your driving skills at any experience level.
Purchases are subject to non-refundable conditions.
Please be prepared to attend when you sign up, as any change will require a cancellation fee, plus additional fees if you cancel within specified date range provided below.
This includes ANY and ALL reasons for changes you may make, including problems with your car, last-minute conflicts, illness, and any other conceivable reason why you might feel the desire or need to not attend.
1) Cancellation/Date Change 28 or more days prior to an event – Min $25 cancellation fee, with up to 80% refund.
2) Cancellation/Date Change 27 - 14 days prior to an event - Min $25 cancellation fee, with up to 50% refund.
3) Cancellation/Date Change 13 - 0 days prior to an event - no refund will be issued.
4) We no longer will find someone to take your place, even if we have a wait list. Apex reserves the right but not the obligation to keep a wait list for its exclusive benefit and not to bail you out if you can't or don't want to attend an event. If you are on the wait list for one event, your wait list does not roll over to the next event either for a confirmed spot or for a wait listed spot. Once the event for which you are wait listed has passed, the wait list is no longer active. You would need to sign up for the next event, or wait list yourself for the next event if it is already full.
Apex Driving Academy events run in almost all weather conditions! Don't be put off by a forecast for rain - driving in the rain is an excellent learning experience, and will help improve your driving skills in all conditions.