About this event
Audi Club Northwest presents University of Quattro Driver Skills and Autocross at the Monroe Fairgrounds/Evergreen Speedway on Sunday, February 27, 2022! We are thrilled to have long-time Club supporter Audi Seattle as the sponsor for this event!
Do you have a new car and want to learn what it feels like to drive it in a challenging course design? Or have you ever really learned how to drive the one you have? Drivers with any vehicle brand are welcome to attend our events so please invite your friends to come have fun together.
University of Quattro is a place to push the envelope of your vehicle’s capabilities in a controlled environment with fantastic club instructors to work with you on becoming a better driver. This program has something for 15 year-old drivers with a learners permit just starting their road experience and for the 60+ year-old that has always wondered if they really do know everything there is to know about driving.
Audi Club Northwest is focused on providing training experiences for you as the driver, with the most important goal of your car making it home safely every night. The University of Quattro program also qualifies you to attend high-speed instructed lapping events later this year, such as Son of Quattrofest on March 27th at The Ridge Motorsports Park (RMP) and Geschwindigkeit on April 16th at Pacific Raceways.
ACNW will be monitoring the status of the pandemic in the Seattle area (and Washington state in general) as we get closer to the event date. The event structure will be compliant with all relevant governmental guidance; we'll have the event structure locked and ready in time for the pre-event Zoom call.
Of special note: PLEASE make sure and read the requirements on the next page. You must complete the Speedwaiver 'Release and Waiver of Liability and Communicable Disease Spectator and Participant Release' form to participate (or spectate) this event.
The event will start with a short 'ground school' meeting via Zoom on the Wednesday prior to the event. Sunday morning starts with Driver Skills, an array of exercises designed to teach new skills and expand on familiar ones in a controlled but exhilarating way. For many, these exercises are the most fun part of the day!
Once you have experienced what you and your car can do as part of the exercises, we'll turn the pavement into an autocross course. An autocross is a small course, created with an assortment of cones, which will test your new skills in a fun way. The course is timed, so you'll be able to see your improvement as you gain experience and develop the strategies to better your next run. This is where the fun REALLY begins. Expect to go home with sore cheeks as your smiling muscles will be the most tested of all.
Learning to be better drivers is what Audi Club Northwest is all about. To get an idea of what the drills and exercises that make up our driving schools look like, check out this quick overview video captured at an event from a few years back.
An Audi car is not required for any portion of University of Quattro so feel free to invite friends and co-workers to this event. Audi Club North America membership is not required (although it is encouraged) for this event.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- If you are sick, display symptoms of, or have tested positive for COVID-19, STAY HOME. If you have had recent contact with any persons exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or confirmed to have COVID-19, STAY HOME. You will be provided a full refund if you cannot make it to the event for these reasons.
- You must bring your own personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes a cloth or disposable mask that covers your nose and mouth, and sanitizing sprays/wipes. You must wear your mask unless you are alone in your car or you are shagging cones and separated from others by at least 10 feet.
- You must bring your valid driver’s license.
- You do NOT need to be a member of Audi Club North America to participate
- You MUST be at least 16 years of age (or 15 with learner permit) to participate
- Helmets are NOT required for this event
- A completed safety inspection form is NOT required
- You will be required to attend an online 'ground school' meeting via Zoom at 7:00 PM on Wednesday, February 23rd. Attendance will be taken. The Zoom link and instructions will be sent out via separate email to confirmed attendees.
Release and Waiver of Liability:
Everyone, adults and minors, must sign the Release and Waiver of Liability and Communicable Disease Spectator and Participant Release forms online for Audi Club Northwest’s insurance coverage prior to coming to the facility. You can initiate the process here. The full text of this Release and Waiver of Liability is on the last page of the registration form, and can also be found on the ACNW Driving School Materials page, under Adult Waiver. The waiver for minors (16-18 years old) can be found here.