About this event
Audi Club Northwest presents the July Driver Skills and Teen Clinic at Bremerton Motorsports Park sponsored by Amica Insurance!
Driver Skills is a one-day clinic on the fundamentals of performance driving hosted by the Northwest Chapter of Audi Club North America. Appropriate for novices and experienced drivers alike, Driver Skills will make you a safer, more competent driver. Working 1:1 with our Audi, BMW and Porsche club instructors, students rotate in small groups through the following educational segments:
- Ground school (classroom)
- Wet skid pad
- Threshold braking and accident avoidance
Driver Skills runs from 7:50am (gates open at 7) to 3:30pm, followed by an optional segment which runs to 6pm or dark, whichever comes first.
None of the segments involve timing or competition. Instead, you work 1:1 with our instructors at a pace appropriate for your experience and comfort level. Together, the segments improve your ability to look ahead, place the car precisely, control weight transfer, steer with the throttle, and brake effectively. Run groups are small, which means that wait time between runs is minimal. At the end of the primary sessions, students are encouraged to apply the lessons of the day in an optional segment on a large maneuvering course.
Many see this program as a great way to improve their driving and car control skills for everyday driving in any weather conditions. In addition, this course prepares and qualifies you for high-performance driving education (HPDE) events with the local Audi, BMW, and Porsche clubs.
Driver Skills Requirements:
- You must bring a valid driver’s license or permit.
- You must be at least 16 years of age (or 15 with learner permit) to participate.
- You do not need an Audi vehicle to participate.
- You do not need an Audi Club North America membership to participate.
- Helmets are not required for this event.
- A safety inspection form is not required for this event.
- Two registered drivers can share a car and each driver will get the same time on course as if they brought their own car..
- You will be required to attend an online 'ground school' meeting via Zoom at 7:00 PM on Wednesday, July 24th. Attendance will be taken. The Zoom link and instructions will be sent out via separate email to confirmed attendees.
Release and Waiver of Liability:
All participants and guests must sign the online SpeedWaiver prior to the event. For anyone under the age of 18, the minor and their parents must sign the online Minor Waiver. You can initiate the process by answering 'Yes' to the SpeedWaiver question on the registration form or start it with this link.
Questions? Please don't hesitate to reach out to Kevin (registrar).