About this event
ACNA-NJ 2017 Pocono Raceway 2.5 Mile Double Infield Configuration
Non-Audi Club Members: $225.00
Audi Club North America Members: $199.00
Advanced Solo Driver: $185.00
Instructors Registration - Free
This event requires pre-registration.
Location and Configuration
The event will utilize the 2.5 mile Double Infield Course at Pocono Raceway in Longpond, PA.
The 2.5 mile Double Infield configuration is comprised of the North Course, the front straight, Long Pond straight and the South Course. Upon driving down the front straight in the opposite direction of NASCAR, you will enter the Northern Infield (North Course). After completing the northern infield, you will enter back onto the NASCAR Super Speedway just prior to NASCAR Turn 2. You will then proceed down Long Pond Straight where just prior to NASCAR Turn 1 you will brake and enter the South Infield where once completed, you will proceed on to the front straight and pass over the start/finish completing one lap.
The 2.5 mile Double Infield Course provides an exciting, fast, fun and educational way to experience your Audi on a racetrack like no other in the Northeast! A mix of Autobahn and a road course! This layout has long been the desired configuration of many professional and club drivers as it provides a track like no other in the Northeast! The closest would be Daytona International Speedway, Tudor/Rolex configuration.
Participants Will Receive:
- At Speed, In Car On-Track Instructional Driver Education
- Ride-Alongs with Instructors adding to the on-track experience
- Event Photographer
- Professional Flaggers and Station Workers
- Five - 25 minute run groups
- Early Drop off of trailered cars permitted Thursday night
There will be a full service paddock space. Amenities on this circuit include concession buildings, event garages, cafeteria and fuel pumps.
Additional Event Information
Gates open at 7:00am
Morning Tech Inspection - 7:00am to 8:00am
Drivers Meeting - 8:00am
On Track - 8:30am till 6:00pm
- Students will be separated into four groups based on your driving experience. Every student will receive in-car instruction by some of the best HPDE instructors.
- Instructors will be assigned one or two students and will also receive the same amount of time on track as students. Instructors: If you would like to instruct but have not previously instructed with ACNA-NJ, please e-mail our Chief Instructor, Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org with your experience and contact information.
- Helmet Rentals are available for $35. Please reserve your helmet rental during the online event registration process. *Limited quantities available.
- Garage Rentals are available for $25. Please reserve your garage space during the online event registration process. *Additional parking space is provided in the paddock area.
Lessons and skills learned at these events really do transfer to everyday driving, as numerous former students attest to all the time. Many prior students report avoiding accidents thanks to things they learned at these events. Many others report simply enjoying their daily commute more knowing more about themselves and their cars. There really is no better way to improve your skills.
One of the goals upon which the Audi Club North America was founded was the idea that driving skills can and should be improved with practice in a controlled environment. After all, how better to enjoy your car than to be confident that you really know how it will react in all situations? This event will be held at a racetrack due to ample space, no oncoming traffic, plenty of runoff room, and workers before each corner with flags to warn drivers of any upcoming danger. Despite being at a racetrack, the event is not competitive, is not timed, and most certainly is not racing.
Best Western Inn at Blakeslee-Pocono
107 Parkside Ave
Blakeslee, PA 18610
The Village at Pocono
1308 Foyt Road
Blakeslee, PA 18610
Phone: (570) 643-8300
This is not a racing school, nor is it a competitive event. Anyone found timing laps will be removed from the event.
Note: While the event organizers will make every effort to maximize track time, due to the possible track conditions and weather the number of sessions and session length cannot be guaranteed.
*Please note that the car numbers have been ordered. If you are registering after 4/21/17 please be prepared to bring your own numbers. Painters tape (blue/green/white in color, no black tape) or pre cut numbers that are at least 5" tall will work fine. They must be on both sides of the car. Rear window or front door panels is fine. Please stick to your number choice that you selected during registration. If you'd like or need to use a different number other than the one you registered with, please contact Michele Lynn at: email@example.com
For more information about this event please visit: www.acna-nj.org
BEFORE REGISTERING, please review the following requirements and information:
- Must be 18+ years old with a valid driver’s license with a photo ID.
- Must have the first page of the Tech Inspection form completed by a certified mechanic within 2 weeks of event.
- Brake fluid must be flushed prior to the event.
- There will be a Pre-event safety check on the day of the event which your car must pass to be eligible to participate.
- Failure to meet safety check or incomplete Tech forms will disqualify students from event and forfeiture of entry fee.
- Open cars (convertibles) must have rollover protection which meets or exceeds the specs found here. No SUVs are permitted on track.
- Equal restraints (seats and belts) are required for driver and instructor and must be securely mounted to stock mounting points or directly to the frame.
- All drivers must have a helmet with a Snell SA or M rating of 2010 or newer. No motorcycle helmets. A limited number of helmets are available for rent.
- Long sleeve shirts and pants are required for all drivers and passengers on track.
This is a driver's education school and is not practice for any racing or speed contest. All participants are required to attend classroom sessions designed to teach vehicle dynamics and driving techniques.
You will be required to have a qualified individual/mechanic inspect your vehicle and verify its safety. They must complete page 1 of the form found below. This inspection must occur within two weeks of the event, but with enough time to fix any issues which are uncovered. Please plan accordingly and bring this to the track!
The inspection form can be downloaded from Tech Inspection form.
On the morning of the event our tech crew will collect all Pre-Event Safety Inspection Reports and perform a spot check of every vehicle. You are solely responsible for insuring that your vehicle is safe before you come to the track. Failure to present a completed Pre-Event Safety Inspection Report or failure to pass our spot check will disqualify you from participation in the event and your entry fee will be forfeited
The morning of May 5th Tech inspection and registration will occur in the paddock area and shall open sharply at 7:00 am and close sharply at 8:00am. Drivers Meeting Begins at 8:00 am. First car out is at 8:30am
All participants will be organized into run groups in accordance with experience, skill, and type of vehicle based on the experience of the applicants. Participants not "signed off" to solo will be required to drive with an instructor on board at all times. Under no circumstances will timed laps be permitted!
All participants must driving within their limits and adhere to the terms found in the Waiver. Failure to comply will result in expulsion from the event without refund.
If you are seen with a timing device at any time or are driving irresponsibly you will be asked to leave and forfeit your ability to participate in this or future Audi Club Driving Schools.
Classes and Run Groups
All participants will be organized into different classes and run groups. During the online registration process, registrants will be asked to select one of three different classes: Student, Advanced/Solo and Instructor.
- Students - Participants who require an instructor in the car.
- Advanced/Solo - Participants who do Not require an instructor in the car.
- Instructor- Certified as an instructor with ACNA or any other recognized HPDE club/organization. Instructors who have not instructed with ACNA-NJ before, must contact the Chief Instructor Scott Lynn (firstname.lastname@example.org) before registering.
In addition to your class you will select a Run Group. There are four different levels of Run Groups.
- Green - Little to no HPDE experience. Requires an Instructor.
- Yellow - Some HPDE experience. Requires an Instructor.
- Blue/White - This is a mixed level of experience. Some students still require an Instructor (Blue) and some do not require an Instructor (White). This is an intermediate/advanced group, a certain amount of track days required.
- Red/Black - This is an advanced group. Red Group drivers must meet a certain amount of track days. Black Group drivers must be Instructors.
Registrations for upper level run groups will be reviewed and assigned upon confirmation of track experience.
Medical Information Form:
Completion of the Medical Information Form is at the option of the Applicant, though it is highly recommended. Complete this section within your profile if you would like rescue personnel at the racetrack to have your medical information readily available should you incur personal injuries or suffer from an illness while participating in the event. If you opt to complete the form, you must strictly follow the instructions. A sealed envelope with this form will be delivered to the rescue personnel before driving begins. After conclusion of the event, your envelope and its contents will be shredded.
To qualify as an instructor, you must have previously been certified by ACNA or another acceptable group. Please contact the CI, Scott, (email@example.com) prior to signing up in order to confirm your status prior to signing up. Membership requirements for instructors only are waived, however we encourage our instructors to join ACNA.
All cancellations will be processed as a refund minus a cancellation fee as follows:
- $25 Penalty up to 21 days before the event
- $100 from 20 days to 10 days before the event
- No refund within 9 days of the event