ACGL Ice-Driving Event 2.12.22 - CANCELLEDCynthia Lake - MN
About this event
Update 02/10/2022: We regret to have to inform that the rest of this season's ice events are cancelled. Ice and snow conditions have deteriorated past the point of us being able to run a safe event. : ( We look forward to seeing you at a Picnic, Fun Drive, Driving Clinic or quattroberfest 2022!
Audi Club North America - Glacier Lakes Chapter hosts Winter Ice Driving Events at Lake Cynthia in Prior Lake, MN. The event is a great opportunity to hone your winter driving skills in a safe and controlled environment. We will have a challenging set of exercises set up including a skid pad, slalom course, and the very popular "road course".
No experience required - this is a chance to learn and refine low-traction driving skills.
ACNA membership is not required to attend this event. All are welcome! (However, you can go here if you wish to become a member.)
You do not need to bring an Audi. All makes and model in good mechanical condition are welcome.
Important Notes: ACGL will comply with all ACNA, local, state, and federal requirements for COVID-19 that are in effect at the time the event takes place. Every attendee must pre-register and must sign the electronic event waivers which include ACNA's Communicable Disease/COVID-19 waiver and general release and liability waiver. If you are registering a minor (licensed or permitted drivers age 15-17) , please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on completing the required waiver for each minor. ACGL does not to provide any food or refreshments, so make sure to pack a cooler. Thank you!
- 8:00 - 8:30 AM - Check In & Car Prep
- 8:30 - Brief Drivers Meeting
- 9:00 - 12:00 Noon - Exercises open
- Noon - 1:00 PM Lunch (track closed)
- 1:00 - 4:00 PM - Exercises open
- 4:00 Track Closed - Clean Up
Cost Per Driver
- $75 for Club members
- $90 for non-members
- Additional $10 fee is charged for on-site registrations
- Lake Cynthia in Prior Lake, MN (map)
- Enter the lake on the south side (look for the Audi Club banner)
The Minnesota Horse and Hunt Club is located nearby and will be open for lunch. Horse and Hunt Club has been a long-term partner of ACGL for our ice driving events and offers a great menu.
Other important details:
- You will be notified via email (the address you supply to MSR for registration) if event is canceled due to weather/ice conditions.
- Due to the nature of our driving exercises and the snow banks created during plowing, some low-clearance vehicles could suffer damage if control is lost. ACGL is not responsible for any vehicle damage. Vehicle damage is rare at these events, but smiles are abundant!
To learn more about what expect, check out the following links:
- No experience required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older with a valid driver's license.
- Teen drivers aged 15-17 with a valid permit or license are allowed to register and participate provided their parent or legal guardian is in attendance at the event with the minor. Teen drivers who have only a permit are required to have their parent/guardian in the car when they are driving. Parents/Guardians are required to sign an event waiver allowing their minor child to participate. ACGL does not provide individualized driver instruction at this event.
- ACNA Club Membership is not required for this event (However, we have a lot of fun, so go here to become a member.)
- You do NOT need to drive an Audi to attend - all makes/models welcome!
- Cars in good mechanical condition only - no fluid leaks!
Important Note: UASs (Unmanned Aerial Systems, aka UAVs or "drones") are not allowed at any Audi Club Glacier Lakes (ACGL) event unless approved prior to the event by: 1) ACGL, 2) the venue (if any) and 3) by ACNA national office regarding insurance. If approved, all ATC / FAA restrictions and regulations must be obeyed.