About this event
2024 Series Sponsor:
Register here for the Winnipeg Sports Car Club 2024 Fire on Ice & Ice Drifting season!
Event #1 - Jan 13 & 14, 2024 @ Lake Shirley (Winnipeg Waterski Pond)
(original date of Jan 6/7 postponed due to lack of snow)
365 Murdoch Road, Winnipeg
SATURDAY - JAN 13
10am till noon - Ice School - mandatory for all newcomers/rookies
Noon till 4:30pm - Ice Drifting, Hotlapping & Practice
SUNDAY - JAN 14
Fire on Ice Racing - Street Safe Class
Fire on Ice Racing Series - Studded Class
Note: all rookies or newcomers must attend the Saturday Ice School prior to hitting the ice on Saturday afternoon or Sunday
***PLEASE SEE NEXT PAGE AND READ ALL EVENT REQUIREMENTS***
All entrants MUST read and review the 2024 WSCC Ice Race Rules/Regulations
- All drivers (Ice Drift or Fire on Ice) must obtain a Winnipeg Sports Car Club membership or other WCMA affiliated club membership. Daily memberships are available for this event in the registration process.
- Prior experience OR successful completion of the Saturday morning Ice School is required
- Passengers are allowed for Ice Drift and the Street Safe Class of racing. Drivers must ensure that any passenger has signed the online waiver.
- All drivers are required to attend the drivers meeting. Consult the event schedule for confirmation of the driver's meeting time, usually 12:00 on Saturday (after the ice school) and at 9:30 on Sunday Race Day.
- All drivers are required to wear appropriate helmets (SNELL SA, SAH or M 2010 series or newer). No DOT-only helmets allowed.
- Vehicles with factory or aftermarket roll protection must wear SNELL SA helmets.
- Newer SA helmets are available for rent in all sizes. First come, first served.
Vehicle: (If you are unsure if your vehicle qualifies, contact the event registrar!)
- Any four-wheeled vehicle is permitted however it must be dimensionally wider than it is tall.
- Convertibles are permitted providing they have an OEM Hard-Top or OEM/Aftermarket installed roll protection.
- All convertibles must contact the registrar to ensure their vehicle is permitted!
- Vehicles do not have to be road legal however must appear and function as if they could be driven on the street. This includes but not limited to:
- Coachwork complete and intact
- Functioning side and rear view mirrors
- Working head and tail lamps
- Wipers, windshield glass, and sealed windows behind the driver
- FIX ALL KNOWN LEAKS!
- All regular maintenance must be up to date.
- All entrants must have completed annual tech form for the vehicle that is registered. You will not be permitted on the road course without it.
- All vehicles with roll cages, must complete the race-tech form and present the car and the form to the tech inspector or chief scrutineer. Vehicles with roll bars or roll cages are subject to inspection from the chief scrutineer. Upon checking in, inform the registrar that you have registered with a vehicle with a roll cage.
- All vehicles shall be numbered.