About this event
The CKRC are offering to CKRC members:
Pit space is intended solely for equipment necessary for the member to enjoy the sport of karting – not for storage of other vehicles and household equipment etc. This will be strictly enforced during the racing season when pit space is at a premium – during the offseason winter months the rules may be less rigorously enforced but any non-karting equipment must be promptly removed at the request of the executive or club manager.
Reserved Parking space Guidelines and Rules
CKRC on-site Pit space and trailer storage for CKRC members
Updated Mar. 6/2023
The purpose of the pit spaces is to allow a member to reserve their own pit space for race and practice events and to allow the trailer to be kept at the track for the racing season or for the entire year.
No business of any kind is to be conducted from trailers or pit spaces unless previously agreed to by the Club Executive.
- Pit spaces are measured in “squares” which are 10’x10’ Most pit locations are three squares deep or four squares deep and can be one square wide or two squares wide.
- Each renter of a pit space is responsible for keeping their area clean and free of debris or contamination of any solids or liquids. There is to be no storage of used coolant or oils left on the ground whether in a container or not. Take any used liquids home with you for proper recycling. This includes the space underneath the trailer as well which must be kept clear when the trailer is not in use for practice or on a race-day.
- The renter shall provide a working fire-extinguisher as described in the current ASN Kart Sporting regulations. The fire extinguisher must be in plain sight and always within an arms-reach of the door.
- During the season or in the post season, the Club may need a trailer moved for grounds maintenance, or for another major event etc. It is the owner’s responsibility to move their trailer as required by the Club.
- Rates for paddock pit spaces may be adjusted annually and are currently $43.50 per 10’x10’ square (including 5% MSR fee & GST).
- Rates are the same for the racing season (April 1 to October 31) and for winter storage (Oct 1 to March 31) and the same number of spaces must be rented for the winter storage as during the summer racing season.
- (The racing season runs from approximately April 1st to Oct 31st).
- Pit space is for trailer storage and for pit tents. Vehicle parking is in designated parking areas only.
- If a ground covering is laid down in your pit area, it MUST be pulled back up at the end of the day. We must keep the grass / ground exposed to encourage growth and allow for proper grounds maintenance. At the end of the day the only things touching the ground should be your trailer tires and the tongue support of the trailer.
- On a race-day, your pit space is reserved for you, up until 9:00am. At 9:00am if you have not arrived by then, any other racer can utilize your space for the day.
- DO NOT park a vehicle on the pit runners. This will damage the runner. Do not turn the steering tires of a stationary tow vehicle while they are on the pit runners (they are generally made of recycled asphalt and will be damaged
- DO NOT unload your trailer onto the pit runner while others are needing to drive on it, to reach their pit space. PLEASE keep the runners clear AT ALL TIMES to allow for passage of karts and tow-vehicles and trailers.
- The pit runner space extends 10 feet on either side of the center line of the runner – runners are spaced to allow either 3 or 4 10 x 10 spots between them (30 or 40 feet). If your trailer with doors open or ramp down does not fit within this space then you may be required to move to an area that accommodates longer trailers.
- Any fuel stored in a trailer must be in an approved, sealed container. Maximum of 2, 20L jerry cans may be kept in any trailer.
The CKRC are only offering parking space and are not responsible for any damage, theft or vandalism of any kind to the space renter's property, trailer, boat, RV or their contents.