About this event
BMW CCA Heart of Dixie HPDE at Barber Motorsports Park
6040 Barber Motorsports Parkway
Leeds, AL 35094
May 13-14, 2023
Make plans to join us for our annual HPDE at Barber Motorsports Park! The goal of our HPDE is to teach driving skills on a closed road course that you can apply to your everyday driving. If you've never attended or are relatively new to the HPDE, as a safety-first focused event, we pair you with a seasoned instructor coupled with classroom instruction to help you learn the most from the event. This is not a racing event. You do not have to own a BMW to attend. Sign up today! We hope you will join us!
PRIOR TO REGISTERING PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MOTORSPORTREG PERSONAL INFORMATION IS CORRECT!
Run Group Duration: 30 minutes
INSTRUCTORS: WE WILL GUARANTEE YOU ONLY HAVE 1 STUDENT FOR THE WEEKEND
HPDE Instructor Registration Fee: $0
STUDENTS: Registration is on a first come, first served basis with prefernece given to Heart of Dixie BMW CCA members. If, in our judgement, you need an instructor based on your MSR profile experience and we do not have enough instructors, we will refund your registration fee.
HPDE Student Registration Fee:
Now - March 4, 2023 for BMW CCA members is $580, non BMW CCA members is $635
March 5, 2023 - April 9, 2023 for BMW CCA members is $605, non BMW CCA members is $660
April 10, 2023 - May 7, 2023 for BMW CCA members is $635, non BMW CCA members is $690
NOTE: ALL INSTRUCTED RUN GROUPS ARE IN-CAR INSTRUCTION ONLY. THIS MEANS ALL PARTICIPANTS ASSIGNED AN INSTRUCTOR WILL HAVE THE INSTRUCTOR RIDE WITH YOU IN THE RIGHT SEAT. SIGNING UP FOR THE EVENT MEANS YOU AGREE TO THIS. NO REFUNDS WILL BE OFFERED AFTER APRIL 9, 2023. THE EVENT WILL BE RUN WITH ALL THEN CURRENT FEDERAL, STATE AND COUNTY COVID GUIDELINES IN PLACE.
Students and instructors have the option to purchase an event t-shirt for $25. When considering your size, note that the t-shirts are trim fit.
Host Hotel Information:
The host hotel for the event is the Hampton Inn, 310 Rex Lake Rd. Leeds, Alabama, $114 per night + tax, 205-702-4141. The Hampton Inn is 1/4 mile from Barber's entrance. Make your reservations early!!!!!
Booking Link: Click here to book
Click Continue to see the detailed event requriements for participation.
In order to attend our event, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be 19 years or older and have a valid driver's license
- Have a Snell 2015 or newer certified helmet (M ratings OK) - No loaner helmets this year!
- Convertibles MUST meet the specifications noted below - No factory roll bars meet the minimum safety standard
- All Instructors MUST be approved by our Chief Instructor, Chris Kniseley
- To download forms and find information for first time attendees, go to the Driver Education section of Heart of Dixie website
- Forms MUST be completed prior to check-in at Barber Motorsports Park
- Vehicles must comply with Barber Motorsports Park 104 dB sound level maximum
- You are responsible for any damages to the Barber Motorsport Park facility and are paid before you leave the track
Have your vehicle tech inspected within 30 days of arriving at the track. Inspections must be performed by a qualified mechanic.
- Same run group: First Driver, full price. Second Driver, $150.00.
- Different run group: Both Drivers, each full price.
The Heart of Dixie BMW CCA must conform to the National BMW CCA HPDE rules. Naional will allow convertibles with the following specifications:
- No factory roll bars meet the minimum safety standard
- An SCCA approved 6-point cage with log book
- 5 or 6-point racing harnesses/seat belts
- Car must be run with the top in the up or on position
- All entrants with a convertible must contact the Chief Instructor, Chris Kniseley, for approval before registration
- Any questions regarding the use of a convertible MUST be resolved before registration. If you arrive at the track with an unapproved car that does not meet these specifications you will be turned away without a refund.