About this event
The 2022 Edition of the Route 66 Sprint Series opens once again at New Castle Motorsports Park. Join the Route 66 Sprint Series on Saturday and Sunday April 9-10.
We look forward to seeing you at New Castle Motorsports Park on April 9-10, 2022. NCMP has played host of to some of the best kart racing in the Midwest and USA, and we're looking forward to starting off with another great Indiana event.
NCMP is offering optional practice sessions from 10am to 7pm on Thursday and Friday. You can purchase this practice directly from the host track. Please be aware that NCMP requires a notarized minor release when the parent or legal guardian is not present with a minor.
Saturday's program includes 3 rounds of practice, 3 laps of qualifying, a prefinal race, and a main event. Sunday includes a morning warmup, 3 laps of qualifying, a prefinal, and a main event. Podium presentations will be held for both days.
Registration will open at the track on Friday afternoon for entry check-in and packet pickup. You are highly encouraged to pre-enter online to get the best possible price and reserve your spot on the grid.
Individual event registration is $265/weekend online until midnight CT on Sunday April 3rd. After April 3rd, the fee increases to $300/weekend. Kidkart entry fee is $200/weekend and includes a rental transponder.
The Entry fee covers all Saturday and Sunday racing activities. It does not cover optional practice. Pit passes are required for all entering and are not included in the entry fee. Under 5 is free.
Driver and Kart Profiles and Transponders
Your vehicle profile(s) in your MSR "garage" are where the kart brand/type and transponder comes from. If you register the same "vehicle" in 2 different classes, you will be using the same transponder in both classes, as they are tied to the vehicle. To use 2 different transponders, you need to create 2 different "vehicles" in your garage. For example, create a 206 Kart and a KA Kart to use to separate transponders. Using the correct vehicle information will help make sure that your stats online are correct. You may use the same transponder in 2 classes, but you are responsible for moving them back and forth. If you want your driver's name and hometown information to show up correctly, put them in your profile correctly.
PHYSICAL TRACK ADDRESS - UPS/FedEx/Freight SHIPPING ADDRESS
New Castle Motorsports Park
5816 South County 125 West
New Castle, IN 47362
4 Cycle fuel will be 93 Octane, purchased from New Castle Motorsports Park. This is the spec 206 fuel for the KRA series.
2 Cycle fuel will be VP purchased from Express Karts & Parts at the track. Elf is the official 2 cycle oil.
- For this event, pit pass sales and parking will be from Noon to 7:00PM on Thursday, and 9:00AM to 7:00PM on Friday. Gates open Saturday and Sunday at 7:30AM. 24HR access is available for those with wristbands.
- Optional Thursday and Friday practice is purchased at the track and payable to NCMP.
- Reserved pit spaces and RV parking reservations can be made by contacting New Castle Motorsports Park at 765-987-8090.
- Pit passes are purchased at the gate and are $35 per person for the event. Single day passes are $20. Under 5 is free, but is required to have a wristband and a parental release signed.
- ATTN KIDKART PARENTS: Drivers utilizing the IAME Bambino engine should email Eric from IameUSA at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will send you everything you need to update the engine to current specs.