About this event
The Dragon Hillclimb XVI - July 30 - 31, 2022
An Appalachian Hillclimb Series Event
SCCA Sanction #22-HC- 58697
Maple Springs Road, Robbinsville, NC,
This event is open to cars prepped to SEDIV Time Trial minimum Safety Standards
Supplemental Rules and Schedule: 2022 Dragon HC 16 supps and schedule final.pdf
Entry fee before July 10, 2022 - $300 / After July 10, 2022 will be $340 (Both are for SCCA members)
A weekend membership for SCCA can be purchased for $30.
If you cancel entry by July 10th, there is no charge to you credit card, if you do not withdraw by July 10th, you are considered an
entrant and your credit card will be charged July 11th.
NO REFUNDS TO EARLY ENTRANTS/ NO EXCEPTIONS AFTER JULY 10TH.
IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING, PLEASE BOOK YOUR LODGING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Credit cards will be charged the early bird entry fee on July 11th, you are then considered an entrant.
If you are paying by check, please click though the online payment (complete registration) and send check made out to CCR-SCCA to
CHECK MUST BE RECEIVED BY JULY 10th, 2022
P.O. Box 1044
Fletcher NC, 28732
This race will be held in compliance with covid -19 recommendations in place by SCCA and Graham county at the time of the event.
Driver Eligibility: (If you do not have an SCCA HillClimb or TT License, we will issue you one as part of the event.)
A. All Drivers
1. Weekend or Full Membership of the SCCA.
2. Valid government-issued driver’s license.
3. Be able to handle the physical and mental demands of competition for the length of a session for each session of the event. Click here to see detailed description.
4. An SCCA HillClimb, Time Trials or Competition License or a competition license from a recognized sanctioning body. (E.g., NASA Road Race, Rally or Time Trials License; Rally USA Comp License, FIA Competition License, SVRA, GridLife, PCA, BMWCCA or other recognized competition organization.) If you do not have one, we will issue one at the event.
B. Minor Drivers (Less than 18-years-old)
In addition to the above, minor drivers:
1. Must contact officials before the event.
2. Must provide a completed SCCA Minor Waiver (Form 1068)
The event is open to automobiles (NO motorcycles, karts, ATVs or similar) which meet the following criteria:
1. Automobiles must meet all of the Safety Level 2 Standards at a minimum, and when necessary, the SCCA rules required for special construction (GT, Sports Racers, Formula Cars, Specials etc.).
2. Has at least four (4) wheels, grouped in equal sets of half of the wheels on the vehicle per side.
3. Is properly muffled.
4. Does not have a high center of gravity. Potentially unstable vehicles with a high center of gravity–determined by whether they are wider than they are tall–are excluded from SCCA Time Trials. Width is the average track width of the vehicle, and height is measured from the ground to the highest point. Extra caution should be exercised with non-traditional vehicles (e.g., trucks using racing slicks or tires with less than 200 tread wear rating.)
5. Is a vintage or alternate series racing car that meets safety specifications for their sanctioning body.
6. Cars need not be licensed or licensable for road use, so long as they otherwise comply with these rules.
Vehicle/Driver Safety Requirements
This event requires that all production vehicles meet SCCA HillClimb “Safety Level 2” at a minimum. This includes an approved racing specification helmet, at least a 4-point roll bar constructed to SCCA specifications, an approved racing harness, racing suit, shoes, gloves, and other items like arm restraints or window nets and fire suppression devices/systems. Specials are required to meet GCR safety levels- for questions and clarifications contact email@example.com
Factory safety systems (like you might find at a track day or time trial) is not considered appropriate.
The full requirements can be found here: https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/hillclimb-safety-rules