About this event
"WATERFORD HILLS SPEC MIATA INVITATIONAL"
Featuring a 15 lap race that will be the last race of the day on Saturday and showcase our "Spec Miata Cars". Drivers will be battling it out for top honors, prizes, and bragging rights. Sign up is an additional $25 and is limited to 32 entries for Spec Miata cars only (ITA and ITS cars may participate in Spec Miata Trim)
Rules for the Spec Miata Inviatational are as follows:
Schedule: Swap group 3 and 5 for the day (Saturday). The 15 lap SM race will be run at the end of the day.
The following are approved rules and special provisions for competitors in this event:
- SM cars given the opportunity to participate in a special feature 15 lap race at the end of the day on Saturday
- The special race grid position will be determined by the racers best time from morning qualifying and/or Saturday Race
- Cars eligible for SM and other classes are permitted per the SCCA GCR/WHRRI Rules are permitted (I.E. ITA, ITS, STL) If a competitor runs both SM and one of these other classes, the times from the SM sessions will be used for grid position. If a competitor only runs one or two of these other class they must run in SM trim. Otherwise, their time will is not eligible for grid position and will start at the back of the pack. Checks will be made in tech to assure SM-trim compliance.
- Registration preference for the race will be given to “out-of-town” entrants. Club does not make a guarantee that all those who would like to participate in the race will be able to do so. Total available spots: 32.
- Race will NOT count for WHRRI points or track record
- Top 3 cars will be weighed,
- and standard compliance checks made at tech
- The race winner will be awarded a trophy after the race
You MUST have a valid Competition Racing License to compete at Waterford Hills. We accept the following valid Licenses only: WHRRI, SCCA, NASA
General Road Racing Rules followed : The 2021 SCCA GCR (General Competition Rules) can be found here: https://www.scca.com/pages/cars-and-rules
Official WHRRI Rules and Regulations for this event can be found here: http://www.waterfordhills.com/data/downloads/2021-whrri-rules-and-regs_Final.pdf
******YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNDERSTANDING AND FOLLOWING THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS WHEN RACING AT WATERFORD HILLS *******
If there are Weekend Specific Supplemental Rules and Regulations they can be found here: http://www.waterfordhills.com/data/downloads/2021-whrri-supplemental_rules_17FE21_Final.pdf
Run Group Assignments can be found here: http://www.waterfordhills.com/run-groups.html
Typical Weekend Schedule that is subject to change can be found here: http://www.waterfordhills.com/race-weekend-schedule.html
A Paddock Map can be found here: http://www.waterfordhills.com/forms.html Many Paddock Spots are "Reserved" for our members. These spots are marked with a red "R". Spots open for the weekend are not marked and are on a first come, first serve basis beginning Friday 10am.
Our full 2021 Schedule can be found here: http://www.waterfordhills.com/events-calendar.html
If you need to Contact Specific Chefs or Directors at Waterford Hills Road Racing email information is here: http://www.waterfordhills.com/contact.html
Waterford Hills Road Racing facilities are located on the grounds of the Oakland County Sportsmen's Club, 4770 Waterford Road, Clarkston, MI 48346. Directions to track are here: http://www.waterfordhills.com/directions.html
Facility Information can be found here: http://www.waterfordhills.com/facility.html
To be eligible for WHRRI Championship Points you must (1) Be a member of The Oakland County Sportsmen's Club. (2) Be a member of Waterford Hills. (3) Hold a valid WHRRI/SCCA/NASA Competition License. For a detailed checklist of how to become a member click here: http://www.waterfordhills.com/become-whrri-member.html
Please bring your Helmet and Log Book to the TECH SHELTER for "Express Tech" You are eligible for"Express Tech" if you have a valid Helmet sticker and Annual Tech date ONLY!! otherwise you will have to wait for the scrutineer for a full tech inspection.
EARLY REGISTRATION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL Thursday, August 26th, 2021. If you do not register before this deadline YOU WILL BE CHARGED A LATE FEE OF $25.
ONE day and TWO day racing options are available.
CASH OR CHECK AS PAYMENT IS APPRECIATED AT A DISCOUNTED RATE. ALL CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS WILL BE ASSESSED A 5% FEE. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.