About this event
Note: Our C and D novice/instructed run groups are now full. A and B solo groups are still open.
BMW CCA Heart of Dixie HPDE at Barber Motorsports Park
6040 Barber Motorsports Parkway
Leeds, AL 35094
May 15-16, 2021
Make plans to join us for our annual HPDE at Barber Motorsports Park! The goal of our HPDE is to teach driving skills on a closed road course that you can apply to your everyday driving. If you've never attended or are relatively new to the HPDE, as a safety-first focused event, we pair you with a seasoned instructor coupled with classroom instruction to help you learn the most from the event. This is not a racing event. You do not have to own a BMW to attend. Sign up today! We hope you will join us!
PRIOR TO REGISTERING PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MOTORSPORTREG PERSONAL INFORMATION IS CORRECT!
HPDE Student Registration Fee:
Now - March 5, 2021 for BMW CCA members is $505, non BMW CCA members is $555
March 6, 2021 - April 9th, 2021 for BMW CCA members is $545, non BMW CCA members is $595
April 10, 2021 - May 7th, 2021 for BMW CCA members is $575, non BMW CCA members is $625
*** Instructed Student Run Groups: ***
In order to comply with the National BMW CCA organization's COVID related ban on in-car instruction, all instructed run groups will be run as lead/follow. Generally these are novice students in C and D groups as well as B student check rides. We are looking forward to being able to have our novice students join the event and will leverage a circulum used successfully by other chapters. We hope to return to our normal in-car instruction next year. See you in May!
HPDE Instructor Registration Fee WITHOUT student: $200
HPDE Instructor Registration Fee WITH student: $0
Instructor Note: Due to the National organization's COVID ban on in-car instruction, the number of instructors needed for the event is lower than typical years. We appreciate all of our instructors and your years of support. For those who will not have a student, we would like to offer significantly discounted track time for the weekend for $200. We hope you will join us and that we will be back to our normal format next year. The current $1 charge for instructors will be updated to reflect the correct charge based on your participation. We wil not charge anyone $200 without your approval.
Students and instructors have the option to purchase an event t-shirt for $20. When considering your size, note that the t-shirts are trim fit.
Host Hotel Information:
The host hotel for the event is the Hampton Inn, 310 Rex Lake Rd. Leeds, Alabama, $104 per night + tax, 205-702-4141. The Hampton Inn is 1/4 mile from Barber's entrance. Make your reservations early!!!!!
Booking Link: Hampton Inn Leeds
Click Continue to see the detailed event requriements for participation.
In order to attend our event, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be 19 years or older and have a valid driver's license
- Have a Snell 2010 or newer certified helmet (M ratings OK)
- Convertibles MUST meet the specifications noted below - No factory roll bars meet the minimum safety standard
- All Instructors MUST be approved by our Chief Instructor, Hank Bowman
- To download forms and find information for first time attendees, go to the Driver Education section of Heart of Dixie website
- Forms MUST be completed prior to check-in at Barber Motorsports Park
- Vehicles must comply with Barber Motorsports Park 104 dB sound level maximum
- You are responsible for any damages to the Barber Motorsport Park facility and are paid before you leave the track
Have your vehicle tech inspected within 30 days of arriving at the track. Inspections must be performed by a qualified mechanic.
The Heart of Dixie Chapter will allow convertibles with the following specifications
- No factory roll bars meet the minimum safety standard
- An SCCA approved 6-point cage with log book
- 5 or 6-point racing harnesses/seat belts
- Car must be run with the top in the up or on position
- All entrants with a convertible must contact the Chief Instructor, Hank Bowman, for approval before registration
- Any questions regarding the use of a convertible MUST be resolved before registration. If you arrive at the track with an unapproved car that does not meet these specifications you will be turned away without a refund.
The host hotel for the event is the Hampton Inn, 310 Rex Lake Rd. Leeds, Alabama, $104 per night + tax, 205-702-4141.
Booking Link: Hampton Inn Leeds