About this event
Kick off the rallycross season in the Pacific Northwest with a mixed surface event at Riverdale Raceway in Toutle, WA. This race will have you competing in the dirt and gravel with a bit of tarmac mixed in.
This event will run over the whole weekend with half of the classes racing Saturday and half on Sunday. Full breakdown below.
Number of Entries: Each day is limited to 75 entries.
Car/Safety Requirements: All cars must meet safety requirements and pass technical inspection on race day. Check out the full Rallycross Rules for more info.
Payments: Payments will be processed on Saturday, February 27th after registration closes.
Registration Opens: Monday, January 25th at 7pm
Registration Closes: Friday, February 26th at 11:59pm
Cancellations/Modifications: No cancellations or modifications will be permitted after registration closes. Payments will be processed automatically on Saturday, February 27th and no refunds are given after that point.
7:00am: Gates open
7:30am-9:00am: Tech inspection, check in, course walking
9:30am-12:30pm: Morning run group
1:30pm-4:30pm: Afternoon run group
Modified AWD - Turbo/Supercharged
Modified AWD - Naturally Aspirated
Is this your first event? Check out our Rallycross FAQs for some helpful info and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
Camping/Lodging: Riverdale permits overnight camping on Friday and Saturday night. There are also some motel options in Castle Rock, about a 15 minute drive away.
Gate fee: Riverdale charges a $10 gate fee to all entrants (cash only).
In order to protect our competitors and staff as well as remain compliant with health department regulations, the following rules must be followed:
- Events are open to competitors only. No spectators will be allowed entry. Competitors may bring one household member to the event.
- Attendees must wear a mask at all times, except when inside their vehicles. Please keep a mask in the vehicle so that you can put it on before exiting.
- Attendees must maintain 6ft of distance between themselves and other attendees who do not live in their household.
- Do not attend if you have come into contact with someone who has tested positive or been exposed to COVID-19 virus.
- Do not attend if you’re experiencing any of these symptoms.
Thank you for following these requirements so that we are able to continue hosting safe events!
Thank you for signing up for the Northwest Rallycross Season Opener! Please take a moment to review the rallycross rules which include the vehicle classifications, competition and conduct requirements.
A rallycross is a motorsports event where vehicles race on a course delineated by cones on generally unpaved, mostly flat surfaces. Elapsed time is tracked by the organizer with time-based penalties assessed for actions such as missed cones and driving off-course. Scoring is the accumulation of timed runs plus penalties where the lowest time wins. One car is released at a time with course workers monitoring cones and penalties.
Rallycross events are structured as a run-work format where competitors race during their class session and work the course when another class races.
Conduct of Competitors
Each competitor must:
- Practice good sportsmanship at all times.
- Register for and compete in the appropriate class for their vehicle. It is the driver’s responsibility to know the correct class based on the rules and vehicle classifications set forth in the Rallycross Rules.
- Be responsible for their own safety and the safety of others.
- Know, understand and follow all rules as stated herein, in competitor communications and required driver meetings.
- Treat all officials, volunteers, spectators, the public and other competitors with respect and courtesy.
- Obey all laws and local ordinances, most importantly as they pertain to traffic laws.
- Not dispose of trash anywhere on site except for designated garbage receptacles.
- Follow the prescribed course. It is the competitor’s responsibility to know the course in order to keep other competitors, course workers and spectators safe. Competitors will be given the opportunity to walk and drive the course prior to competition.
- Fully perform their work assignment as instructed.
Failure to comply with the conduct requirements may result in disqualification and/or suspension.
To be eligible for Rallycross competition, a driver must:
- Not be disqualified from event or suspended from competition.
- Be, at minimum, 15 years old and meet one of the following criteria:
- Possess a valid (not expired or suspended) drivers license in their state of residence, or
- Possess a valid instruction permit and be accompanied by a parent/guardian that has been a licensed driver for at least five years.
You must register with a unique number - no duplicate numbers will be permitted.
Vehicles must have their number and class on the side of the vehicle. The minimum size for the numbers is 6 inches tall with a 1 inch stroke. Class letters may be of any size as long as they can be seen from a reasonable distance away. All number/class decals must be in a contrasting color to the vehicle body. If you have any questions or concerns about your number or class, bring a package of letter/numbers and apply them at the event.
Before 11:59PM, 2/26/2021: Cancellations permitted, no payment will be charged.
After 12:00AM, 2/27/2021: No cancellations or registration modifications after registration closes. No refunds will be given.
Registration is non-transferrable.