About this event
PCA Zone 2 returns to VIR on March 25, 2022 for an Advanced DE as part of the weekend PCA Zone 2 Club Race event.
- Register as an HPDE driver here,
- Register as a Club Race Volunteer or Guest/Crew member here as well...
New Format!!! For 2022 we will have an advanced DE Run group driving between the race sessions on Friday and Saturday as well as an aproximatley three hour (3 hour) open track format event from aproximately 2:30 - 5:30 PM immediately following the last Race on Sunday March 27 for ADVANCED Drivers Only. No frills--just track. There are multiple regisitration options but the best value is for all three days
Join us on the Full Course at Virginia International Raceway for this special event.
Registration Cost is just $550 for one car with one driver for all three days. There is also an option for Sunday only for $200 (this may be a good option to accomodate our friends on endurance racing teams that share a car and need multiple drivers to practice/test on the VIR Full Course). Ask the registrar about co-driver option discounts.
This event is open to Advanced solo HPDE group drivers or those with Race licences only. Verification of Advanced solo experience is required to be accepted for the event. You must prove you are an advanced group level HPDE driver with documentation or proof within motorsportreg.com . HPDE "expanded passing" rules apply--pass anywahere with a point or signal by. Race cars with fixed windows may use turn signals for passing signals.
Accommodations can be made in area hotels. Please search at the track (VIRnow.com), or in Danville Virginia; South Boston Virginia, or Roxboro, North Carolina, depending on your preference.
Please make sure all your guests (CREW) are also registered and have signed online smart phone "speedwaivers". Drive safe, smart and have a great weekend. As always, “It’s not just the cars, it’s the people”.
The event schedule is as follows. For Friday and Saturday you will be in the assigned "White" run group between the Club Race sessions. For the Sunday segment cars will be released on track at approximately 2:30 PM. The final checker will come at 5:30 PM. VIR_Z2CRschedule_with90minEnduros&HPDE2022(V1,7Feb22).xlsx (schedule subject to change)
This event will follow PCA Expanded passing rules normally associated with PCA Black and Red Groups so you must show a history of driving in events with these types of rules--no exceptions. Expanded passing is simply pass anywhere with a point by or other appropriate signal. Club Racers from nationally recognized series should provide proof of current race licence to the registrar.
Download Tech Form here: Zone2AdvancedDE2022TechForm.pdf
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age, must have a valid driver’s license, and be a PCA member or a member of an approved guest organization with documented history of Advanced driver experience. A valid driver’s license must be presented at registration. Zone 2 reserves the right to reject any applicant for any reason.
- Registered Guests/Crew are welcome; if under 18 years of age they must remain in spectator areas and are not allowed on the track or in the pit lane area. Parents/Guardians must sign a waiver for their minor aged children.
- No off-leash pets are permitted.
- No alcoholic beverages may be consumed by anyone (participant or guest) during the event.
- All participants will drive in one run group only. (This is an Advanced Group DE using open track format)
- All cars must be pre-Tech Inspected prior to, but no earlier than 4 weeks before the event. Your car must be Teched by a professional repair facility or mechanic or a shop that specializes in your marque. A Zone 2 Tech form is required. It must be signed by the inspector and driver. Drivers MUST have completed BOTH registration and final car tech PRIOR to the daily driver’s meeting or they will not be allowed to drive that day. Tech Form Zone2AdvancedDE2022TechForm.pdf . PCA Club Race cars that were entered in the Zone 2 race weekend with current and valid annual Tech inspections can show their logbooks to the Tech inspectors and will not require a Tech form.
- Participants must wear a SNELL SA 2015, or SA 2020 approved helmet. All open/convertible car drivers (including Cabriolets) must wear face shields or goggles and the car must have "fixed" roll-over protection (no factory pop-up bars allowed). Cars with roll bars/cages, race seats and harnesses must have head and neck resraints as well. No open wheel cars allowed. All cars must have fenders.
- Participants must wear rubber-soled shoes, long pants, and a long sleeved shirt. (Natural, not synthetic fibers). Cars that have been prepped for the track (race cars, stripped interior, cage, etc. are require wear of a fire proof racing suit per VIR track rules)
- Non-participants are not permitted to ride in cars. Only registered drivers will be in cars. Only designated certifed HPDE instructors are allowed in the passenger seat.
- Harnesses (optional) must include a sub strap and be mounted in a manner consistent with the manufacturer’s recommendations and SCCA requirements. Harnesses may only be used with seats designed to accommodate them. If your car is equipped with harnesses and racing seats you MUST wear a HANS or similar device (Bring to track Tech.
- Fire extinguishers (optional) must be securely fastened metal-to-metal. (Minimum 2.5 lb., two strap metal bracket is recommended.)
- All open cars, including Cabriolets and Boxsters, must have an approved roll bar mounted at least two inches above the driver’s helmet. Until an approved after-market solution is found, many Boxsters with taller drivers will not meet the requirement and not qualify for participation.) Roll hoops do not meet track specifications. Roll hoop extensions for older Boxsters are available from Brey-Krause. Factory pop-up deployable roll-over systems do not meet VIR requirements--you must have "fixed" roll-over protection.
- All open cars, Targas and 914’s must run with tops up unless they have a full roll cage and any open car requires arm restraints and eye protection to be worn.
- All sunroofs must be closed.
- Driver side windows must be fully down.
- Street tires must have a minimum tread depth of 2/32” completely around at least two grooves, excluding wear bars. R-rated tires and slicks must have visible tread indicators around the circumference.
- Passing is only permitted with a signal from the car being passed. DE type hand signals or use of turn signals are approved.
- Draft schedule (subject to change) VIR_Z2CRschedule_with90minEnduros&HPDE2022(V1,7Feb22).xlsx