2021 July Sprints at Watkins GlenWatkins Glen International
About this event
The 2021 July Sprints race weekend at Watkins Glen International is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, July 3-4, 2021!
Sanction #: 21-R-20485 & 21-VINT-56338 (HRG)
Supps / Schedule: http://glen-scca.org/RoadRacing/2021/21-JulySprints-Supps.pdf
We hope you'll join us for a great weekend of racing!
Supps are approved and linked above! Schedule is as listed below and indicated on the Supps!
Saturday: 20 min practice/qualifying, followed by 20 min qualifying race
Sunday: 15 min qualifying, followed by 25 min race
Check back here and the Glen Region website for more detail as it becomes available.
UPDATE: Due to a schedule change for 2021 there will be no test day this year. We expect this to return for 2022! Additionally the "north paddock" area will not be available until Saturday morning. The south paddock around the garage and the east paddock across the road will be available - as well as some space south of Wedgewood Rd.
Based on the current restrictions still in place in NY state (as of 5/24/21), WGI has issued the following rules and regulations for our and other events. Any potential changes to these rules will be communicated as soon as they're available!
- Names of all participants and workers must be provided 72 hours prior to the event - NO ADDITIONAL PARTICIPANTS CAN BE ADDED
- All participants must show a state-issued photo ID in order to sign the track waiver (before signing the SCCA waiver)
- Only two (2) cars per garage door bay in the garage (no sharing an A or B slot)
- Face coverings (nose and mouth) are MANDATORY inside the garage at all times
- Face coverings (nose and mount) are required any other time that social distancing is not maintained
We, the Glen Region, urge you to adhere to the given rules and regulations as best as possible as non-compliance WILL get the event shut down by WGI personnel.
Drivers must have a valid SCCA membership as well as current full competition or SCCA Pro license to participate. You must present the license at registration. Please check that your license has been renewed and is valid prior to the event! Your competition license does not renew with your membership!
Please review the Supps when available for posted registration and tech hours!