About this event
2021 Cascade Sports Car Club
HPDE Instructor’s Seminar
Saturday, April 24 at 9AM
Please join us for the 2021 Cascade Sports Car Club HPDE Instructor’s Seminar. This will be an important event to attend in order to maintain the quality of our HPDE program and its volunteer instructor base. Brett McKown, the CSCC Chief Driving Instructor and Driver's Training Chairperson, will be holding the classroom portion of the event in the morning. We will also have a discussion time for all instructors to bring up questions and issues.
We will be covering the following topics:
- Review of the HPDE Novice Ground School Topics
- Tips & Techniques To Add To Your Instructor “Toolbox”
- Connecting with Your Students
- Lead/Follow Instructing Hand Signals and Other Tips
- Specifics of CSCC HPDE Track Days
We are planning on starting the virtual seminar at 9 AM and expect it to last at least 3 hours with a couple of virtual breaks during this time. Please plan accordingly.
For questions, please contact our Track Day / HPDE coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need the following to attend this year's seminar:
- Computer or tablet with stable Internet connectivity.
- The ability to listen to the virtual meeting audio (speakers, headset, headphones, etc.).
- A video camera on your computer or tablet is preferred.
- A microphone is also preferred if you wish to ask questions verbally instead of typing them in the meeting chat.
- Your favorite beverage and/or snacks of choice.
- A suitable attention span (let's face it, you'll be staring at a screen during this time).
- A willingness to become or continue to be an HPDE instructor.
You do not need to be a CSCC member or a prior instructor to attend this seminar.