About this event
BIG BORE THUNDER AT PUEBLO
Another Big race weekend is planned for our June event now being held at Pueblo, June 12-13, featuring the Thunderous Upper Class sports-cars and racing sedans.
- RMVR Tech and Registration hours are from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Friday and 7:00 am to 8:00 am Saturday.
- Hotels: Ramada Inn (719-544-4700) . Econolodge in Pueblo West (719-547-9400) Discounts are available for RMVR.
- Sunoco Racing fuel will be available all three days (credit cards accepted). But you need to contact Jon Whitely if you plan on buying fuel so he can be sure they have enouhg on hand CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ON ADVANCE ORDERING OF FUEL
- Sorry, this year there will be no Test &Tune track time available on Friday before the event. Access to the paddock will available Friday afternoon/evening. However, due to a new fee collected and set by the City, there will be a "Gate Fee" of $10 per race car to get in the facility. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS on Friday paddock access
RMVR welcomes entrants from other Vintage automobile racing clubs including; CVAR, SWMS, NASA, and other clubs with vintage and historic race cars of interest to the racing community. Interested participants should contact the race chairman before the end of May and prior to registration to assure eligibility for this event.
The Feature of the weekend will be the Thunderous Upper Class A and B cars in Production Sportscar and Production Sedan including the AP big-block Corvettes, BP GT-350s, Tigers, and E-types, plus the top guns in “Saloon” including A-Sedan Camaros, Mustangs, Cudas, and Firebirds, and the B-Sedan door-slammin' Bimmer 2002s and Alfa GTVs amongst others.
And don't forget to get your Annual Tech done BEFORE you get to the track. Here's more info on the benefits to you of doing this and how/where to get it done.
Preliminary Run Group Order This Weekend: (Subject to change - Please check actual Weekend Schedule for final run order.)
- Run Group - VW Powered Formula Cars
- Run Group - Small Bore Production Cars
- Run Group - Formula Fords / Wings and Things / Sports Racers
- Run Group - Mid and Big Bore Production Cars
Entry Fees: (To be charged to your credit card after the race weekend.)
-- "Early Bird" Special - $335 Available until 3 weeks prior to the event (i.e. that Friday evening at midnight)
-- "Regular" Entry Fee - $360
-- "Late Registration" Entry Fee - $385 Starts 9 days before the event (the Thursday a week before at 12:01 AM)
-- Online Registration closes Wednesday evening at midnight. After this call 303-319-3062 to arrange entry. These phoned-in or at-event registrations are $460.
Attention Workers and Volunteers: If you wish to work this event, please Click Here to sign up online.
Event Chair: Mark Mauz firstname.lastname@example.org 720-284-2221
Before entering a car which DOES NOT have an RMVR logbook, review which situation below applies to the car:
- Cars without an RMVR or VMC logbook: These cars can be entered but must be of special interest to vintage racing and largely conform to RMVR years of eligibility. You can review here our detailed criteria for such cars before entering. When asked for the car's "class" please select “Exhibition." .
- OR as a special" Gateway Run Group" car: This is for race prepared cars of any class which must have a logbook from a recognized wheel-to-wheel racing organization. When asked for the car's "Class" please select “Gateway." Please review the following criteria to enter this special "Gateway Run Group."
All "Gateway" entires 1) must be closed wheel and have a current logbook from a well-established and recognized road racing organization, 2) must be nicely prepared – NO LEMONS, and 3) must pass an RMVR Event Tech Inspection and meet all RMVR safety requirements.. Regarding Fuel Cells: as long as the vehicle has passed preparation rules regarding a fuel cell (or not requiring one) by the organization issuing the logbook, the vehicle will be allowed to run in this Gateway Run Group.. Drivers entering the Gateway Run Group must also hold a valid up-to-date medical exam AND a current Competition License OR a Provisional License from their home organization..
- OR you are a Provisional Student with a waived car: Recent RMVR competition school graduates may enter the same car they used during driver's school even if it has yet to obtain an RMVR logbook . It will run in our regular RMVR Run Groups. This exception is granted to aid the Student in obtaining their full Competition license. When asked for the car's "Class" please select “Provisional Student's Car."
RMVR requires a fuel cell for all cars racing in our regular RMVR Wheel-To-Wheel run groups. If it doesn't have one, you won't be allowed to complete this entry. There are four exceptions. If the car meets any of these exceptions, please check "Yes" to the registration's Fuel Cell question. This will allow you to complete your registration:
- If your car has an RMVR Historic Class designation.
- OR if your car is part of an invited "Spec" run group and your Spec Rules don't require a fuel cell.
- OR if you are entering the "Gateway Run Group" and your host organization (i.e. who issued the car's logbook) does NOT require a fuel cell.
- OR if you are a recent Competition School Student with a Provisional License running a car newer than 1981 which doesn't have an RMVR logbook..
For Double-Driven cars: If you are sharing a car with another driver for the weekend, just have the one person enter. Only that one entry fee will apply. To avoid another entry fee, simply CALL THE CLUB ADMINISTRATOR, 303-319-3062, to advise who the second driver is. Don't try to enter that second driver online. The second driver MUST also go thru registration Saturday morning and have a valid competition license and medical. Thanks.
When entering you may be required to pay a Membership Fee to complete your registration. It will be good for the entire year. After Labor day your RMVR membership will also be good for all of the following year.
Cancellation Policy: Call 303-319-3062 for all cancellations. No charge for cancellations 10 days before the event. (None of your registration fees will be charged). For cancellations after that, a $50 cancellation fee will be charged. No refund for "No shows" (and we thank you for your donation).