About this event
Allegheny Region Porsche Club of America
2020 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix
July 24th, 25th, 26th
Plan to attend the 38th annual Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix with ARPCA. Join hundreds of your fellow club members, guests from other regions, and friends as we gather on “Porsche Field” in Schenley Park to enjoy our cars, vintage races and the camaraderie that defines PVGP weekend. Now is the time to mark this event on your calendar. The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is our club’s largest fundraiser of the year with proceeds donated through the PVGP charity to the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny Valley School.
This year promises to be an outstanding event with new amenities geared toward making your experience more enjoyable. The club’s PVGP Committee will repeat the streamlined check-in process where attendees register through Motorsport Registration (MSR) and receive an email from PVGP_reg@arpca.com with their dash plaque and QR code “ticket” as attachments. As members drive up to the Porsche corral, we will scan the QR code and have your wrist bands, raffle ticket, and PVGP program pre-staged at the Registration tent. The club will also feature a Dining Tent complete with linen tablecloths and catering partner, Mission BBQ. In addition, the Full Weekend Package and all event pricing remain unchanged from the previous year.
Remember, you must Pre-Register to guarantee a spot in Porsche Field. Parking is limited to 250 cars. With increasing attendance and a large contingent from outside the region, space is limited.
ARPCA Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Highlights
Friday, July 24
• Pre-PVPG Social and Rally - The rally will start from a pre-determined restaurant parking area north of Pittsburgh. The location will be determined as soon as the quarantine order is rescinded. (The Doublewide Grill is CLOSED, but potentially opening under a new name.) The Driver’s meeting starts at 12:45 p.m. First car off at 1:00 p.m. Come early and meet for lunch!
• Weekend Kick-Off Party - Location TBD. Festivities begin around 5:00 p.m. Restaurant parking lot reserved for a Porsche car show.
Saturday, July 25
• International Car Show at Schenley Park – over 3000 cars on display covering marques from around the world.
• Catered lunch, unlimited beverages and Dining Tent
• Peoples’ Choice Concours (Open to all PVGP pre-registered Porsches)
• ARPCA Raffle
• Vintage racing time trials - Many of our club members participate in the races throughout Schenley Park. Be sure to cheer them on!
Sunday, July 26
• International Car Show at Schenley Park
• Catered lunch, unlimited beverages, and Dining Tent
• Vintage Car Races – Visit our club’s racers in the pit area or watch from trackside!
• Friday Social and Rally – $20 Donation per vehicle
• Friday PVGP Weekend Welcome and Kickoff Party – Free Porsche parking
• Saturday only - $85 Includes registration for ONE Porsche and TWO people, parking in the Porsche corral, eligibility in the Saturday concours, silent auction ticket, two lunches with unlimited soft drinks and water, access to ARPCA tents and the race course.
• Sunday only - $75 Includes registration for ONE Porsche and TWO people, parking in the Porsche corral, two lunches with unlimited soft drinks and water, access to ARPCA tents and the race course.
• Full Weekend Package - $135 Includes registration for ONE car and TWO people on both Saturday and Sunday. The package includes parking in the Porsche corral, two lunches with unlimited soft drinks and water, eligibility for the Saturday concours, silent auction ticket, access to the ARPCA tents and the race course.
• Additional Lunch Tickets for either day - $20 per person (must be purchased through MSR with a pre-registration package – no walk on lunch tickets sold.)
• WALK-ON (On-site registration) rate is $95 per day (no weekend discount) and will include parking in the Porsche corral, lunch for two with unlimited soft drinks and water, Saturday auction ticket, access to the ARPCA tents and the race course.
NO DISCOUNTS APPLY TO WALK ON PRICING
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE TIMELY DISCOUNTS AND TO GUARANTEE A SPOT ON THE LAWN!
Note: Registration closes July 18th at 11:59PM. NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING INCLEMENT WEATHER, WILL BE ISSUED AFTER JULY 15th, 2020 AS THIS IS A CHARITABLE EVENT. Any registrations after July 18th will be late and charged the “walk-on” rate of $95 per day.
HOTEL PARTNERS FOR OUT-OF-TOWN GUESTS
HILTON GARDEN INN (Cranberry) 2000 Garden View Ln, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
Hotel – (724)-779-9999
HAMPTON INN (Pittsburgh University/Medical Center) 3315 Hamlet St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Hotel - (412)-681-1000
Note: Registration closes July 18th at 11:59PM. NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING INCLEMENT WEATHER, WILL BE ISSUED AFTER JULY 7th, 2020 AS THIS IS A CHARITABLE EVENT. Any registrations after July 18th will be late and charged the “walk-on” rate of $95 per day.
If you are creating an account on MSR (have not registered here before), please provide the following about your car:
- Year (eg. 2004)
- Make (eg. Porsche...)
- Model (eg. 928, 912, 993, 996, etc)
- Color (eg. Midnight Blue)
All other information is not needed to register for the PVGP. (You can omit the rest of the information about your car.)