About this event
The INTERNATIONAL RACE DRIVERS CLUB
July 19, 2019:
Competition Driving School
The drivers school is sanctioned by the International Conference of Sports Car Clubs – ICSCC as non-competitive driver education programs, which is organized by IRDC, and held at Pacific Raceways Kent, Washington. For any specific questions about this event, the chief driving instructors Bill Ecker, may be reached at Chief Driving Instructor.
The driver school is open for drivers of all abilities to join, from first-time ever on track, to experienced HPDE drivers.
Registration Close: July 17, 2019
Schedule will be published a few weeks prior to the event and is subject to change based on registrations.
Competition Driving School ... $325/driver
Spectators and crew members ... FREE + Our Thanks!
Preferred payment method is cash or check. Please help our club save on credit card fees. Motorsportreg will not charge your credit card until you have completed tech and have an official entry.
Driver Training Information:
This driver training course is your first step to competition racing with ICSCC. You will not only receive a high level of in-car instruction to learn the "racing line" at Pacific Raceway, but also classroom instruction that covers everything from race preparation, car control, passing protocol and advanced flag recognition. If you are not sure about getting involved in competitive racing, this course is great for taking your HP Lapping skills to the next level. All of our instructors are competition-licensed race car drivers with many race miles of experience.
All drivers of any skill level are welcome to join.
After successful completion of this driving course you may earn a certificate that qualifies you for a Novice racing license from the International Conference of Sports Car Clubs (ICSCC). You will be given all the details about the ICSCC Novice Program and how to take that next step at the end of the day.
Requirements for Cars:
- Sound mechanical condition. No loose parts/pieces, nuts/bolts
- Fluids filled - oil, water, transmission.
- Good belts, hoses and BRAKES
- 3/32" minimum tire tread depth or race tires in good condition
- Clean inside and out, including engine compartment
- All loose items removed, including spare tire, jack, etc; Battery secured
- Open top and convertible cars MUST have a properly installed
roll bar at a minimum
- The top of the main hoop must be at least 2" above the driver's
helmet when in a normal seated position
- Factory rollover protection allowed only if "structural" and
front windshield frame (A-pillars) are also structural
- Factory "pop-up" roll-over protection is NOT acceptable and there will be no exceptions
- Glass headlights taped to prevent possible breakage.
- Two seats with working seat belts. Prefer the passenger seat harness
to be equal to driver harness
Thank you for using MotorsportReg.com online entry system for the International Race Drivers Club. If you follow these steps to create your account the first time you enter, your future entries with us will be quick and painless! You can also use this same profile to register for other NW events on MotorsportReg.com.
- If you do not already have one, create an account on MotorsportReg.com after reading these steps.
- Once logged in, click "My Account" at the top right.
- Review your vehicle(s) making sure to enter your preferred car numbers and your transponder number.
- Enter your medical information for the Ambulance/Life Support crew.
- If you already have an account, please be sure your profile contains your club affiliation & competition license type.
- Now return to this page and enter the event and pay online.
You will receive an email confirmation of your entry automatically from the MotorsportReg.com system. If you have any questions about the event, please contact IRDC Registrar Traci Youngblood at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to come to Registration with your government or provincial license the morning of the event.
How the Online Payment works: Your credit card will NOT be charged until after our event has begun. A pre-authorization check is done electronically to confirm validity and capacity of your account by msr.com, much like a hotel might do. The pre-auth should fall off your account in 24-72 hours depending on your bank card's practices. DEBIT CARD USERS, you can use your card on msr.com, but, you should treat the pre-authorization as a debit, and account for this, until the "hold" is dropped by your bank.