About this event
THE DFW MAP RALLY IS BACK!
A FUN ROADRALLY FOR STREET-LEGAL CARS -- TO GPS OR NOT GPS, THAT IS THE QUESTION!
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America invites you to a fun drive in the country in Wise County, Texas. We give you a map and a list of questions to be answered by visiting specific locations on the map. With this year’s theme, locations to be visited are vineyards, wineries, cemeteries and other fun places. You determine your route, go to each location, and answer a question that verifies you have been there. The team who visits all the required landmarks in the shortest distance will win, and the winners will receive awards. Speed is not a factor.
- Rally Day: Saturday, August 18, 2018
- Registration and Starting Place: The Horny Toad Café & Bar, 5812 I-35, Denton, TX 76207 (in Stonehill Center).
- Registration opens at 9:30 am on Rally Day. Registration will close at 10:00 am (times may be adjusted).
- After registration, you will receive your instructions for conducting an odometer calibration run (in order to normalize all of the entrants’ odometers), which ends at Catfish O’Harlie’s (see below)
- At the end of the odo check, you will receive your maps and instructions for locating seventeen locations in Wise County that you have to visit.
- Take 30 minutes to determine your route from maps provided. No GPS/electronic aids permitted here.
- Cars leave the official start whenever you are ready, in any order (but at 1 minute intervals). First car out about 11:00 am.
- Length: as short as you can make it in miles, probably about 3½ hours in time
- Finish: Catfish O’Harlie’s, 2019 US-287, Decatur, TX 76234.
- Rally type: Shortest distance rally. SCCA calls this a GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally.
- Route: You choose your route from maps provided. You may use any public road you wish in your attempt to log the shortest distance on your odometer. Depending on your chosen route, you may encounter stretches of unpaved road, though we think that the shortest-distance route will be all paved.
- Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies). GPS and other electronic aids welcome in any class once you’re on the road.
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, Convertibles, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: "speed" is not a factor.
- Rally Fee: $25.00 SCCA Members: $5.00 discount. You must pay with registration here. A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rally Master: John Poulos.
On public roads, always at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and a friend!
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. We encourage entrants to pre-register at least a few days in advance. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue.” The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the third event in the 2018 Texas Region SCCA Championship RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a Divisional Rally by SCCA, under Sanction Number 2018-DG-41-03.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from firstname.lastname@example.org, or at registration.