2016 Jr Kart School
SCCA - New England Region - Solo
Registration closed April 15, 2016 11:00 PM on April 15, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Registration ends April 15, 2016 11:00 PM on April 15, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Registration opens March 1, 2016 12:00 AM on March 1, 2016 12:00 AM EST Registration runs from March 1, 2016 12:00 AM to April 15, 2016 11:00 PM
Event: The 2016 NER Solo Junior Driver Kart School Program. (Location: Devens, Ayer Ma)
Note: The starting line program will be operating at Devens on the same day & at the same time as the Jr Kart school.
- Karts and Personal Protective Equipment are not provided.
- Equipment required: Helmet Per latest SCCA rules. Neck brace designed for karting, Jacket (Jean, heavy material) Long Pants (Jeans, Heavy material) Shoes are required to be above the ankle. Gloves. (Abrasives resistance)A racing suit is recommended but not required. The SCCA does not supply go karts. You will be required to make prior arrangements. Please review the rule book for current age and kart type allowed.
- Cost is $20.00 per jr driver All Jr. Drivers must be SCCA members (Weekend memberships are allowed - Added Cost for weekend membership is $15.00.)
- Minor Waiver: A competitor minor waiver printed in color is required for all Jr. kart drivers. This is a minor waiver signed by BOTH parents in front of an NER official or it can be notarized. Most parents have a 1 year waiver set up and kept on file with the waiver chief.
- Time: Gates open at 7:00am. Please be on site by 7:30 AM. Start time is 8 AM
- Minor Waiver to be completed. Drop off equipment at kart School location. Walk main course with Assistant Youth Stewards, attend drivers meeting, Kart school starts.
- A Junior Driver Kart School is mandatory for all Junior Drivers (FJA, FJB, and FJC) that have not participated in an NER SOLO Event
- A Parent is required to attend the school with the Junior Driver. Mandatory.
- A one day indoor karting school is recommended before taking the NER Junior Karting School but not mandatory.
- Getting to know the Kart.
- What you will see at an event.
- How an event is run.
- Walking the course.
- Finish approximately 12:00 Noon. Pack up and relocate to the main grid area.
After the completion of the Junior Kart School and if the Junior Driver has shown the ability to control the kart and has shown to have the experience he/she will be allowed to participate in future NER SCCA Solo Events. Event 1 is the next day/
If not approved by the kart instruction team additional instruction will be required at a future NER SOLO school.
For more information on the Jr Kart program and for this school, please contact Chang Ho Kim - email firstname.lastname@example.org but please register your child here so we have an expected head count. Payment is $20.00 per child and will be paid at the event, not on line for the school.
We ask you to sign up with this event in advance so we know the head count and who is coming. The payment is at the gate (cash or check made out to SCCA/NER )