About this event
100-Car Johns Hopkins Children’s Center Toy Drive & Picnic
Sunday June 26
Related to these events is the $25,000 Fundraiser for the Children’s Center that Chesapeake PCA is participating in as well. PLEASE CLICK HERE to donate and help us reach our goal for the kids. You can really make a difference in their lives.
The first 25 donors who give $500 or more will be allowed to drive thru the Johns Hopkins circle for a very quick photo op. This is dependent on JH security personnel allowing us in that morning as long as that entrance is not crowded or busy. Please email your donation receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org to be counted.
Join Chesapeake PCA as we caravan 100 Porsches, with a Baltimore City Police escort, from Porsche Towson to the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center to deliver toys to their kids. The Children’s Center has provided us with two wish lists of toys that will be used to make their kids stays just a little more bearable and comfortable. Please only buy toys from the two lists. This promises to be the biggest Porsche caravan Chesapeake has ever done and should be an incredible sight for a fantastic cause.
Once at Johns Hopkins Hospital, we will drive around the hospital perimeter (without stopping) while waving to the folks in attendance. As you can imagine, the children being treated in the Children's Center are probably too sick to come down but they will be watching and waving from their windows. The Toy Drive is officially complete once we drive by the Hospital.
After the Toy Drive, we will then drive directly over to the large pavilion at Rocky Point Park and Beach for a great afternoon. We will spend the afternoon overlooking the Bay, eating a Mission BBQ catered lunch, admiring our cars at a People’s Choice Concours, and possibly participating in other social activities. Adventurous folks can even go swimming at the beach.
We have the pavilion all day so please plan accordingly to spend the afternoon there. I recommend bringing beach chairs, towels, sun screen, and extra water (only 2 drinks are supplied with lunch).
WHEN & WHERE
- When: 26 June 2022
- Assembly Point: Porsche Towson
- Staging time: 8:30 AM; driver’s meeting 9:10; depart 9:30
- Caravan arrives at Johns Hopkins Hospital at 10:00 am
- After the Hospital drive-by, anyone who has registered for the picnic should drive directly to Rocky Point Park. The drive over is not a PCA event so please have your GPS ready.
- Everyone must register to attend these events
- Registration is limited to 100 cars and 200 people – only those who are registered and confirmed may join in the drive and the picnic
- Registration for Rocky Point is $20 per person and includes entrance into the park, the use of the pavilion, and a Mission BBQ catered lunch
- Registration opens 26 April 2022 at 12:00 noon and closes 22 June at 12:00 noon
- Registration will be limited to only Chesapeake PCA members until 06 May. At this point if there are still spots available, then registration will be open to all PCA members.
- Additional information and documents will be sent to confirmed registrants by 24 June
- Everyone including passengers must sign a waiver for the Toy Drive to Hopkins – Speedwaiver preferred
Please send any questions to Ron Farb at email@example.com