Waterford Hills OTD #3
Sunday, June 22, 2014
Waterford Hills, Clarkston, MI
Registration closed June 20, 2014 11:59 PM on June 20, 2014 11:59 PM EDT
Registration ends June 20, 2014 11:59 PM on June 20, 2014 11:59 PM EDT
Registration opens December 1, 2013 12:00 AM on December 1, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Registration runs from December 1, 2013 12:00 AM to June 20, 2014 11:59 PM
WHRRI member $145.00
Day of Event
WHRRI member $180.00
*Open Wheel - All vehicles must have fenders to run at this event. Contact OTD@waterfordhills.com prior to registering any open wheel vehicle.
Event Class Descriptions
- This group is for people that are new to OTD/HPDEs
- You are learning the flags, hand signals and track etiquette
- You are new to driving on a road course, and are also learning how to navigate the track.
- You are primarilly focused on your driving and performance.
- You are learning to expand your focus to the Corner Marshals
- You are reliant on Corner Marshals to let you know someone wants to pass.
- Some experience - you have successfully completed 2-3 track days either here or at other tracks.
- You are familliar with all of the flags and hand signals.
- You are comfortable at speed on the track but still working on your line
- You are gaining experience and comfort with passing on long straights.
- Your focus is expanding to include drivers behind you
- You are less reliant on Corner Marshals letting you know someone wants to pass
- You know what an "Apex" is.
- You have multiple track days here or at other tracks
- You know the flags and hand signals well enough to give a speech on them
- You have expereinced the limits of traction, and have some experience how to resume control
- You are highly aware of all driver and Corner Marshal activity around you
- You are genuinely suprised if a Corner Marshal has indicated a driver wants to pass and you were not aware of it.
- You are learning how to execute passes on low speed turns
- You measure your OTD/HPDE experience by "Seasons"
- You are comfortable passing/being passed at any point on this track
- You are embarassed if a Corner Marshal shows you a passing flag and you didn't already have the passing zone picked out
- You are capable of teaching flags and hand signals to a small group of people that do not speak your language.
- Tires and brake pads have long ago become a known "expense" that is included in your household budget
- You share knowledge with novice drivers on how to get started and improve their performance
LICENSED RACE DRIVER.
- Licenses issued by SCCA, NASA or other major sanctioning bodies are required to run in this class.
- This class has open passing
Add this event to your calendar:
ATTENTION! Your web browser is either very old or portions of MotorsportReg.com are being blocked. As a result, some things on this and other sites may be out of place or look broken. Before you try and register for events, learn how to correct it.