Waterford Hills 2015 Race 4 TT Practice
Registration closed September 11, 2015 11:59 PM on September 11, 2015 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends September 11, 2015 11:59 PM on September 11, 2015 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens September 2, 2015 12:00 AM on September 2, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Registration runs from September 2, 2015 12:00 AM to September 11, 2015 11:59 PM
Waterford Hills Raceway
Saturday event cancelled due to scheduling conflict - Sorry!
Welcome to the Waterford Hills Time Trials/Road Bracket Racing Registration!
This Saturday event is for Practice only. No points will be awarded as a result of this race.
We have the opprotunity to use some open time on Saturday before our official race on Sunday. We'd like to have at least 10 drivers sign up to take the extra time for ourselves. Here's what you can expect for the day:
- Transponders will be attached to your vehicle at Tech
- You will be given two sessions that are run like the qualifying session of a normal bracket race
- Timing information will be provided in raw format from Timing and Scoring
- You must have completed at least ONE bracket race to be eligible for this practice session
- Regular Bracket racing crew will not be present on the day of this event
- Your point of contact will be provided in the TT update email
- You may be given a bonus session at the end of the day if the event staff can support it.
What is Road Bracket Racing?
- RBR is a way to test your skills and compete on a level playing field against other drivers and vehicles
- After a practice session ,You tell us what your lap time will be during a timed session
- The person with the closest three runs is the winner!
How it works:
- We will zip tie a transponder to your vehicle during the Tech Inspection
- You'll complete a quick ~1/2 hour meeting to explain how the event works
- Participate in a timed practice session in the Morning.
- Choose your target lap time based on the timed practice session runs
- We'll place you out on the track by order of fastest to slowest to minimize traffic
- Drive your session and try to get as close to your chosen time as you can.
- Your best times will be used to score your runs. The lower the differential, the better your score.
- Point to pass rules... no driver may pass unless they are pointed by the leading driver
- NO wheel to wheel racing! All passes are completed in controlled zones with driver acknowledgment
- If you've run an Open Track Day at Waterford Hills, you already know 90% of the procedure!
What do I need to participate?
- Vehicle< >Good condition that can pass a basic safety inspection.Preferably a manual transmissionYou don't need a performance car to run these events! Street or fully prepared cars are welcome!*Additional rules apply for convertibles... contact us for more information
- Regular State issued driver's license (Any US State)
- Safety< >Original equipment restraints for your vehicleSnell rated helmet (2000 or newer) with a SA, M, or K certificationHelmet rentals are available at the track!Additional safety equipment is permitted, but not required
Registration is limited to 15 cars per day.
- Track opens at 8:00am Sunday morning
- Registration and vehicle tech from 9:00am to 10:00am
- 10:00 Mandatory Driver's meeting/Race Training
- 20 minute Practice session just prior to Lunch break (12:30)
- 1:00 Driver's meeting to gather target times
- 20 minute Timed session just prior to afternoon worker break (3:30)
- Enjoy the races while scores are computed
- ~4:00pm Winner Announcements
- Bonustrack time at end of race day if available!
- 6:00 Trophy presentations at the club house
*Session times may vary based on track schedule/maintenance
- Online payment/Pre-Pay $75.00
- Day of Event $100.00
LICENSED RACE DRIVER.
Waterford Hills is a 1.5 mile track located in Clarkston, Michigan with elevation changes and challenging corners to provide a thrilling ride for everyone from novice to expert. There are NO SPEED LIMITS on the track! This is the place to see and learn what you and your car can really do!
Waterford Time Trials are open to all makes and models. Any street car that can pass a simple safety inspection can participate. Convertibles require a roll bar, or factory rollover protection. SUVs are case by case (A high center of gravity and high speed turns usually don't mix!). The only specialty gear you need to run is a Snell 2000 or newer helmet.
New-comers to the Track are provided detailed instruction on Track Etiquette and safety. Instructors are available at no extra cost to show you how to navigate the track and improve your driving skills.
Walk up registrations are welcome!