Warm Springs Spring Fling
Registration closed April 5, 2014 11:59 PM on April 5, 2014 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends April 5, 2014 11:59 PM on April 5, 2014 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens January 6, 2014 12:00 AM on January 6, 2014 12:00 AM EST Registration runs from January 6, 2014 12:00 AM to April 5, 2014 11:59 PM
On Friday, April 4th we’ll meet at 9:00 am somewhere on GA Hwy 85 just south of the Airport (exact location to be determined and will be communicated before the event) we will depart at 9:15 am to caravan to Columbus GA on scenic GA HWY 85 to Fort Benning for to visit the National Infantry Museum. http://www.nationalinfantrymuseum.org. We should plan to arrive at Fort Benning between 11:30am and 12:00pm. We will preorder lunch and have our meal in the museum restaurant. A menu will be forwarded to all registered participants a week before the event (each participant will pay for their own lunch).
A private tour of the WWII Company Street and the museum will commence at 1:30pm. The cost of the tour ($8.00) is covered by the registration fee of $12 per person, which also includes the tip for guide as well. We should finish up at the museum around 5 or 5:30pm and drive to historic Warm Springs stopping enroute for dinner at the Farm House in Elerslie, GA http://ilovethefarmhouse.com.
Saturday, April 5th
There will be several options for Saturday:
- A visit to Roosevelt’s Little White House. http://gastateparks.org/LittleWhiteHouse/
- A winery tour and tasting at Warm Springs Winery located just outside Warm Springs. Set your GPS to 7227 Roosevelt Hwy, Warm Springs. Tours runs as soon as enough people are at the winery and ready to tour. There is no charge for the winery and tasting tour.
- Explore downtown Warm Springs http://www.warmspringsga.com/index.html
- Drive to Callaway Gardens and tour the gardens. http://www.callawaygardens.com/
- For those interested in playing golf you can head over to Callaway Gardens and play 18 on one of their beautiful courses. (If you are planning to attend and want to play golf please indicate so when you sign up so a tee time can be scheduled for you.)
We’ll have dinner Saturday night at the historic Bulloch House in Warm Springs, www.bullochhouse.com. Participants will be able to order from the menu.
We have scheduled a performance by the Mayor of Warm Springs, Bob Prater, who for years has done a program, “An Evening with FDR.” Mr. Prater, although retired from performing, has agreed to do his “Evening with FDR” performance for us at the Bulloch House after our dinner. This should be an exciting evening.
Sunday, April 6th
Breakfast Sunday morning, continue to explore the area and then drive home on your own.
Registration is required. The only fee that will be collected during registration is $12.00 per person for the tour of the Infantry Museum on Friday, April 4th. Participants will pay for other venues during the event.