UBCSCC - Team Enduro Auto-X - Aug 28th
UBC Sports Car Club
Registration closed August 27, 2016 9:00 PM on August 27, 2016 9:00 PM PDT Registration ends August 27, 2016 9:00 PM on August 27, 2016 9:00 PM PDT Registration opens August 7, 2016 8:00 AM on August 7, 2016 8:00 AM PDT Registration runs from August 7, 2016 8:00 AM to August 27, 2016 9:00 PM
UBCSCC Presents: Team Enduro 2016!
Time to bring a little more fun into Auto-X. How is that possible you might ask?
It’s not easy making an already highly addictive and fun event “funner”, but UBCSCC has brought with us our annual Summer Enduro Auto-X event. This is the chance to lay off the heckling and form a TEAM of four to race with your mother, brothers, sisters, best friends, regular friends, boy/girlfriend, co-worker, school mate or even that neighbor down the street who drives the rusty looking 89’ stock hatchback because you think they might secretly be the stig. Oh, did I mention there will be PRIZES?
Date: Sunday, August 28th
Time: Gates open @ 7:30am, morning check in closes at 8:45am (if you miss course walk, you will not be driving)
Location: BC Driving Centre
Regular Price: $77.50
Early Bird: $72.50 (closes 8 days prior to event)
Membership Required: Membership purchase is now included with your first event of the year. More information regarding our membership and pricing will be provided on our home page (ubcscc.com).
Registration Cap: 80
The event is capped at 80 registrations plus current exec. Please register for the waitlist on MSR if the event is full. If you are on the waitlist, you will be notified when a spot becomes available. Please respond within 48 hours to ensure the spot is not passed on to the next eager participant.
Here is how we are going to do it:
- Teams contain 4 drivers, at least one of which MUST be a Novice (Novice – participated in 3 or less autocross events prior to Team Enduro)
- If you only have 3 senior drivers and cannot find a novice driver, your “novice” time will be the slowest novice time of the day + 10 seconds
- Teams must have a name and all teams must post their members and name on the forum thread along with how many novices are on the team
- If you are looking for a member, post in our forum asking for people to join your team
Here is how the day will be run:
- In the morning you will do a single lap of the course and enter back into grid as usual for practice runs
- In the afternoon each racer will have their “race” run where they complete 3 laps of the course before exiting then proceed to parking
- If you do less than 3 laps you will receive a DNF for the race run
- If you do more than 3 laps your total time will count for the race
- Cone calls and DNF’s are carried throughout the entire 3 laps of your race run so try not to hit cones!
- Each DNF you receive (each gate you miss) will count as a 10 second time penalty for your race run.
- After racing each team member's time will be added together and the fastest team will win a prize!!
And now prizing!!! (You will probably end up reading this section first)
- The fastest team with one novice as well as the fastest team with two novices will win trophies.
- The majority of the prizes will be given out as raffle prizes and almost everyone will receive a prize on the day so it is well worth it to come out!
- There will also be a prize for the best costumed team racing!! The entire team must be dressed up and the costume can in no way affect your driving for safety reasons. The costumes will have to be cleared by us before being allowed to race in (as we are concerned with driver safety, please bring adequate alternate clothing if you are planning on wearing a costume. Just in case)
Cancelations: No Refunds
Credit, however may be given if the spot is able to be filled with a replacement participant and the host is notified a MINIMUM of 4 days prior to the event.
Please bring your vehicle to a complete stop and look both directions at the break in the fence in the driveway to ensure you are not struck by a plane.
Find a parking spot for the day, prep your car, and drive it to the grid for a safety inspection.
BY REGISTERING, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL CONDITIONS OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL REGULATIONS. Any violations of these regulations will result in an immediate end to your day - please read BEFORE signing up.
There is absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE for any burnouts, reckless driving, or loud stereos on Ford Road at any time. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be immediately, and permanently, banned from local autocross clubs without warning.
Good luck from all of us in your UBCSCC Executive Team!