Team Enduro 2013!!!
Time to bring a little more fun into Auto-X. How is that possible you might ask?
It’s not easy making an already highly addictive and fun event “funner”, but UBCSCC has brought with us our annual Summer Enduro Auto-X event. This is the chance to put down the swords and form a TEAM of four to race with your mother, brothers, sisters, best friends, regular friends, guy/girlfriend, co-worker, school mate or even that neighbor down the street who drives the rusty looking 89’ stock hatchback because you think they might secretly be the stig. Oh, did I mention there will be PRIZES?
Here is how we are going to do it:
- Teams contain 4 drivers, at least one of which MUST be a Novice (Novice – less than 3 races before Jan 1st 2013)
- If you only have 3 senior drivers and cannot find a novice driver, your “novice” time will be the cumulative average of all novice drivers for the day
- Teams must have a name and all teams must post their members and name in this thread along with how many novices are on the team
- you may also email email@example.com to post a team and name for you (all information must be given in one email)
- If you are looking for a member, post here asking for people to join your team
- At most, 2 people per car (running more than 2 drivers in one car can restrict driving time)
Here is how the day will be run:
- In the morning you will do a single lap of the course and enter back into grid as usual
- In the afternoon each racer will have their “race” run where they complete 3 laps of the course before exiting then proceed to parking.
- If you do less than 3 laps you will receive a DNF for the race run
- If you do more than 3 laps your total time will count for the race
- Cone calls and DNF’s are carried throughout the entire 3 laps of your race run so try not to hit cones!
- After racing each team members time will be added together and the fastest team will win a prize!!
And now prizing!!! (You will probably end up reading this section first)
- The fastest team with one novice as well as the fastest team with two novices will win a prize pack to be divided between the team members.
- The majority of the prizes will be given out as raffle prizes and almost everyone will receive a prize on the day so it is well worth it to come out!
- There will also be a prize for the best costumed team racing!! The entire team must be dressed up and the costume can in no way affect your driving for safety reasons! The costumes will have to be cleared by us before being allowed to race in (as we are concerned with driver safety, please bring adequate alternate clothing if you are planning on wearing a costume. Just in case)
Its going to be a great day so clear your weekend from your family, work whatever may be holding you back and come out and race!
Membership Required: New Member $25, Renewal $20 via this (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/7B37EDF5-F91E-F521-ADFBDDF52E04A7B5#.UfFmgo3VB5A) or $5 day membership option on the event registration site.
UBC Student Discount: Current UBC students receive $5 back upon presentation of BOTH a current UBC student card and U-Pass at morning sign-in
Date: Sunday, August 25th, 2013
Location: BC Driving Centre
Event Fee (pre-registration via Motorsportsreg ONLY): Early Bird (expires 11:59pm Sunday, August 18th) $65, Regular Price: $70
Registration closes 10:00pm August 24th
BY REGISTERING, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL CONDITIONS OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL REGULATIONS. Any violations of these regulations will result in an immediate end to your day - please read BEFORE signing up.
Please note that this event is capped at 80 drivers plus exec team members. Pre-registration via Motorsportsreg is mandatory. As outlined in the supplemental regulations, there will be no cancellations/refunds or driver substitutions - if you are not sure you can attend, please do not pre-register.
There is absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE for any burnouts, reckless driving, or loud stereos on Ford Road at any time. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be immediately, and permanently, banned from all 3 local autocross clubs without warning. Registration check-in closes at 8:45am sharp, please show up by 8:00 to do a course walk and have your car tech inspected.
Please ensure you bring your vehicle to a complete stop and look both directions at the break in the fence in the driveway, to ensure no planes are approaching.
Good luck from all of us in your UBCSCC Executive Team!