Tulip Time Rally
Registration closed April 19, 2013 6:00 PM on April 19, 2013 6:00 PM CDT Registration ends April 19, 2013 6:00 PM on April 19, 2013 6:00 PM CDT Registration opens March 15, 2013 12:00 AM on March 15, 2013 12:00 AM CDT Registration runs from March 15, 2013 12:00 AM to April 19, 2013 6:00 PM
TULIP TIME RALLY
This fun rally will introduce you to another type of Route Instruction, the "tulip." This is a sort-of aerial-view drawing of the intersection you are looking for, clearly showing where you enter the intersection (the "bulb," a black dot at the bottom of the diagram), and where you leave (the "flower," or arrow on one of the lines making up the diagram).
A new instruction type isn’t the only thing new about this rally: we are going to introduce you to a new method of scoring, timing to the second. But this is easy: all you need is a watch with a second hand. We ask you to drive a one-hour+ loop north of Denton, twice, in exactly the same time. The team that comes closest to that goal will be the winner. There will be a few bonus questions in case of ties.
New instructions, new scoring, and a wonderful new starting place: the Pack Automotive Museum in Carrollton. This is a private collection of 100 old and significant cars, that you can enjoy during registration for the rally. It is at the corner of Diplomat Dr. and Senlac Dr., found between I-35 freeway and Bush Turnpike.
Course following will be easy, with mileages at most instructions.
- Rally Day: Saturday, April 20, 2013
- Starting Place: the Pack Automotive Museum at 2070 Diplomat Dr. in Carrollton.
- Registration: 9:00am to 9:45am on Rally Day
- Novice meeting: 9:45am
- Cars leave the start: 10:00am plus your car number
- Length: 150 miles (~3:15 hours)
- Finish: Black Eyed Pea restaurant at I-35 and Loop 288 (South), southwest quadrant, in Denton.
- Rally type: GTA (fun run). A watch or clock with a second hand is recommended.
- Route: paved roads in Denton County horse-farm country.
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: "speed" is not a factor.
- Rally Fee: $20.00 for SCCA Members: $25.00 for non-members. $5.00 late fee if not preregistered here .
- Four classes: First Timer, Novice (<3 rally trophies), General, and Master. Any ex-TSD rallyist is in Master Class.
- Rally Master: Sasha Lanz
All on paved roads, at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and a friend!
You will want to do online registration (here at MotorsportReg.com) because then you will be mailed the rally rules a few days before the event.
See the rally flyer at http://texasscca.org/rallytime.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 50,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
A road rally is not a contest of speed or racing. The challenge is to follow a prescribed course at legal speeds and to read signs and landmarks along the route to find answers to questions supplied by the organizers.
This is the first event in the 2013
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org
This rally is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA RoadRally Championship. Sanction Number 2013-RG-41-01.
Presented by Texas Region SCCA