Registration closed June 26, 2013 11:59 PM on June 26, 2013 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends June 26, 2013 11:59 PM on June 26, 2013 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens June 17, 2013 12:00 AM on June 17, 2013 12:00 AM EDT Registration runs from June 17, 2013 12:00 AM to June 26, 2013 11:59 PM
Your time starts when you launch your car at the start/finish line on the front straight. Run it hard through turns one through seven, and then cross the finish line at turn eight, stopping the clock. Cars are launched one at a time and the track is configured to minimize risk of damage.
- All cars must be in good roadworthy condition (no leaks, broken wheel studs, loose wheel bearings, sticking throttles, poorly operating brakes, etc.) with factory three point seatbelts at a minimum.
- Open / convertible cars must have some form of rollover protection. A factory hardtop or OEM rollover protection as outlined in the owners manual satisfies this requirement.
- Additional safety equipment (rollbars/rollcages, harness systems, fire systems, etc.) is permitted and encouraged. Additional equipment must be installed in a safe manner.
- A state issued driver's license is required.
- A helmet must be worn. Helmets must be Snell approved (SA, M, K, etc. are ok) for the current specification (2010) or two previous (2005 or 2000). Closed face SA helmets are encouraged, but not required.
- Shoes that cover the entire foot must be worn.
PittRace reserves the right to refuse your entry if we feel you or your vehicle is unsafe.
Driving procedures & rules:
- Your time starts when you cross the timing beams setup just after the start/finish line on the front straight. Your time stops when you cross the timing beam at turn 8. Both beams will be marked with cones.
- After crossing the finish beam, slow down in a controlled manner and continue around the track at a reduced pace not to exceed 50mph. You will need to navigate a slow chicane at turn 9 and at the top of the hill on the front straight. Reckless driving after the finish line is grounds for immediate dismissal.
- Any wheels dropped off course or cones hit will be called in by corner workers and we will discuss it with you. Going four wheels off or spinning may result in you losing some driving time. Going four wheels off or spinning a 2nd time is grounds for dismissal. Remember, the goal is to drive the car home after the event!
- The only flag is the red flag. If you see a corner station waving a red flag, come to a safe and controlled stop, then wait for further direction from the corner worker.