Sunday Open Lapping May 11
Registration closed May 10, 2014 1:00 PM on May 10, 2014 1:00 PM MDT Registration ends May 10, 2014 1:00 PM on May 10, 2014 1:00 PM MDT Registration opens November 22, 2013 12:00 AM on November 22, 2013 12:00 AM MST Registration runs from November 22, 2013 12:00 AM to May 10, 2014 1:00 PM
The Track Junkies group is Alberta’s premium recreational lapping day experience, with a safe and welcoming environment for people with high-value street and track cars to come out and play. Track Junkies is NOT a racing organization. This is NOT a racing event. Our events are non-competitive high-speed lapping events with coordinated passing.
FORMAT: We will be using our three run group format (see below) that provides participants 2.5+ hours of scheduled track time. Rotating sessions will be 20 minutes in length. We offer three run groups with three distinct passing protocols, as follows:
· NOVICE (Green group): For those with limited (or no) previous track driving experience, this group has passing coordinated with a point-by on the longer straights only. Most instructing will be done in this group. This is the group with the least aggressive drivers ... great if you are venturing onto a road course for the first time. Inexperienced drivers, including those with high-horsepower cars, should register in this group (we can move you up later in the day).
· INTERMEDIATE (Yellow group): For intermediate drivers who have a moderate level of experience with road course driving and are situationally aware, this group has passing coordinated with a point-by everywhere on the track at the discretion of both drivers. Drivers running in this group should be comfortable allowing others to overtake on all straights and in most corners. With the ability to pass anywhere, this group will have a quicker pace. We offer limited instruction in this group, solely at the discretion of Track Junkies.
· ADVANCED (Red group): This group is for the most advanced drivers, typically those with a current racing license and those with a long motorsport resume including many, many track days at a variety of venues. This group has passing coordinated with a point-by everywhere on the track, with drivers expected to give a point-by everywhere on track and immediately when a faster car/driver approaches. An extremely high level of courtesy is expected in this group, and all drivers must be very comfortable running with other drivers in close proximity. Nevertheless, this is NOT a race group; reckless and overly aggressive behavior will not be tolerated. Because of the greater expected cornering speeds of very-experienced drivers, this group is not suitable for drivers who have not been on this track before.
DISCOVERY LAPS: Immediately following the drivers' meeting, the first session of the day will be open to all drivers so they may re-familiarize themselves with the track layout; corner entry, apex and exit locations; and warm their tires and their vehicles. Drivers will run under full-course standing yellow flag (meaning no passing) and with a speed limit of 40 MPH or 70 KPH. Helmets and seat belts are required at all times on track.
HAPPY HOUR: Last hour (or so) of the event will be open to all drivers following INTERMEDIATE (yellow group) passing rules. Drivers can enter and exit track at will, depending on their comfort level with current traffic volume.
SCHEDULE: This is a DAYTIME event. Gates open at 8:00 AM; mandatory drivers meeting at 8:30 AM for full day participants (additional meeting at 12:00 PM for half-day participants); track hot from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Full session schedule can be downloaded here. We will have full access to the skid pad as a paddock.
RATES for this event:
- Fee per driver: $295
- Instruction for novice drivers: add $100
- 5% GST is included in the above prices
- If Castrol Raceway's concessions are not open, lunch on site will be provided by Subway (please let the workers eat first so we can all get back on track sooner).