SCCA-CPR Solo Event 2
Registration closed May 17, 2014 11:00 PM on May 17, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Registration ends May 17, 2014 11:00 PM on May 17, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Registration opens March 7, 2014 12:00 AM on March 7, 2014 12:00 AM EST Registration runs from March 7, 2014 12:00 AM to May 17, 2014 11:00 PM
We will be holding this event at Mid-State Airport.
Autocross is a timed event that pits a driver's skill and a car's handling ability against the clock. A course is laid out using pylons (traffic cones) and the goal is to travel from the starting line to the finish in the lowest amount of time. A time penalty is incurred when cones are hit, so precision and control are very important. "Autocross" and "Solo" are used interchangeably - "Solo" is the SCCA's specific brand of autocross.
Autocross is one of the cheapest, safest and easiest motorsports to participate in. Our fees (listed below) are low, and no special safety gear (such as roll bars, fire suits, etc.) is required except a helmet (and the Central PA Region has free loaner helmets available). Although a wide range of vehicles (from go-karts to purpose-built open wheel cars) compete in autocross, almost any production car is also welcome. Cars only compete against other, similar cars depending on its original performance and modifications. Cars are never near each other on the course and the speeds are relatively low.
To see what an event is like, please watch our ABC 23 video segment. If you're interested, come out and watch or participate!
Solo Event Information
- Please read our Competition Rules and Site Regulations
- Event locations
- Set-up begins at 8:00 AM
- Registration: 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
- Tech: 9:15 AM - 10:45
- Mandatory Driver's Meeting is at 10:45 AM
- First car off at 11:00 AM
- Cost is $30 for SCCA members and $40 for non-members. Members MUST have their card present for discount. ALL competitors MUST have their driver's license to participate.
- Cost is $25 for SCCA members and $35 for non-members If registering AND paying online.
- Solo Supplemental Rules - Official Regional Amendments to the SCCA Solo Rulebook
Additional Solo Information