Pitt North Track PDE Group 1 and Group 2 Only
Registration closed August 15, 2016 11:59 PM on August 15, 2016 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends August 15, 2016 11:59 PM on August 15, 2016 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens January 6, 2016 12:00 AM on January 6, 2016 12:00 AM EST Registration runs from January 6, 2016 12:00 AM to August 15, 2016 11:59 PM
Note: This registration link is for Group 1 (instructed) and Group 2 (instructed) Pitt PDE students only. The morning sessions of PDE will utilize the Pitt Race North Track only.
Pitt PDE approved Group 2 Solo and Group 3 students please find the registration link for the August 15th Full Track PDE.
PDE (Performance Driver Education) Learn the art of driving fast in a safe and controlled environment with Pitt Race’s seasoned pros, and then put it to the test. Train with Pitt Race’s instructors on our natural terrain road course. The goal is for you to develop your skills behind the wheel as you experience a broad range of your car’s performance. If you want to be a better driver with driving techniques based on racing, Pitt Race PDE is your source. Participants are divided into the following Groups:
Group 1 (Novice): Drivers wanting to get their first experience on our track. If you ever wanted to learn about high performance driving, but lack the track experience, this group is for you. Drivers spend their sessions with our driving instructors and learn the basic skills of high performance driving. This group is meant to provide a supportive and instructional, low pressure situation for any driver to learn the fundamentals of performance driving in the safest way possible. Cost: $225 per driver
Group 2 (Intermediate): If you have some track experience, have been signed off from our Group 1 or our chief instructor approved your credentials, you fit this group. Group 2 provides experienced drivers a chance to continue their performance driving learning with instructors. The goal for this group is to learn advanced and higher-speed maneuvers while maintaining control and safety on track. Cost: $225 per driver.
Days are divided into Group 1 and 2 in the morning (8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) and Group 2 Solo and Group 3 afternoon (1 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.) sessions.
Groups 1 & 2 will include three 25-minute sessions on track with our instructor, plus two classroom sessions.
Group 2 Solo & Group 3’s will consist of several run groups splitting up the different classes of cars from street cars, race prepared (closed wheel) & race prepared (open wheel). There will be 25 minute sessions, back to back, until 5:30 p.m.
PDE Group 1 and Group 2 Daily Protocols:
- Participants may enter the property 6:30 a.m.
- Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., followed by a mandatory driver’s meeting at 8:15 a.m. It is mandatory for all drivers to attend the driver’s meeting and classroom sessions. If you arrive after the drivers meeting you must see the lead instructor before you will be given access to the track.
- Classroom sessions for Group 1 and the first on track session for group 2 begin at 9:00 a.m. unless otherwise indicated.
- No race engines may be started before 8:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m. PDE sessions times are subject to adjustments and modifications.
- Pitt Race determines the schedule based on enrollment. Pitt Race reserves the right to limit the number of participants on the track
- You will be required to sign the Pitt Race waiver upon arrival at the track gate. Driver check-in is typically at the Pitt Stop Pro Shop.