PCA Zone 6 Grand Tour
Registration closed July 18, 2015 11:59 PM on July 18, 2015 11:59 PM PDT Registration ends July 18, 2015 11:59 PM on July 18, 2015 11:59 PM PDT Registration opens June 12, 2015 8:00 AM on June 12, 2015 8:00 AM PDT Registration runs from June 12, 2015 8:00 AM to July 18, 2015 11:59 PM
Announcing the first Zone tour of any PCA Zone - The Zone 6 Grand Tour. Running from July 25 to August 8, this tour will travel in each of the 16 Zone 6 regions located in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. We will see mountains, prairies, forests, deserts, glaciers, great rivers and the Pacific Ocean. Each region has selected a route which best exemplifies touring in that region. Zone 6 is by far the largest PCA Zone in North America.
Your participation can be tailored to your available time and interest. You can join for a day or all days. You can join for the PNWR kickoff day and the Oregon completion day. Mix and match as you like.
The tour route will start in PNWR, head to the Olympic Region, cross to Vancouver Island by ferry, go east through BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan then turn westward through Montana, Wyoming, Washington, Idaho and Oregon. Planned total distance is 4700+ miles. Tour route details, recommended hotels, ferry information, and tour map available on the Zone 6 website.
Come be a part of Zone 6 history with this inagural tour. See the Zone 6 website at http://www.zone6-pca.org/regiongrandtour.html for further details. Participants will be responsible to make their own hotel and ferry reservations. A list of recommended hotels and required ferry reservations is available on the Zone 6 website.
The Zone 6 Grand Tour consists of 15 driving days. Here are the starting and ending Region and City for each day:
- Day 1 7/25– PNWR Seattle, WA Tour Kickoff at Pacific Raceways to Olympic Port Angeles, WA
- Day 2 7/26– Vancouver Is. Victoria BC to Vancouver Is. Nanaimo BC
- Day 3 7/27– Canada West Horseshoe Bay BC to BC Interior Kelowna BC
- Day 4 7/28- BC Interior Kelowna BC to BC Interior Fernie BC
- Day 5 7/29– Wild Rose Fernie BC to Wild Rose Canmore AB
- Day 6 7/30- Wild Rose Canmore AB to Polar Edson AB
- Day 7 7/31 – Polar Edson AB to Living Skies Prairie Saskatoon SK
- Day 8 8/1 – Living Skies Prairie Saskatoon SK to Absaroka Billings MT
- Day 9 8/2 – Absaroka Billings MT to Yellowstone Idaho Falls ID
- Day 10 8/3 – Yellowstone Idaho Falls ID to Big Sky Missoula MT
- Day 11 8/4 – Big Sky Missoula MT to INWR Spokane WA
- Day 12 8/5 – INWR Spokane WA to Silver Sage McCall ID
- Day 13 8/6 – Silver Sage McCall ID to High Desert Bend OR
- Day 14 8/7 – High Desert Bend OR to Cascade Florence OR
- Day 15 8/8 – Cascade Florence OR to Oregon Wilsonville OR & Tour Celebration