Network Children's Book Run
Registration closed December 1, 2012 6:00 PM on December 1, 2012 6:00 PM CST Registration ends December 1, 2012 6:00 PM on December 1, 2012 6:00 PM CST Registration opens October 27, 2012 12:00 AM on October 27, 2012 12:00 AM CDT Registration runs from October 27, 2012 12:00 AM to December 1, 2012 6:00 PM
THE NETWORK CHILDREN’S BOOK RUN
The Network of Community Ministries in Richardson provides food, shelter, clothing, counseling, health care, school supplies, and books to children in need. Especially around Christmas, entertaining children’s books are a most popular item….but one that runs out fast, as most donors concentrate on more serious needs of the client families. So we decided to ask the rally community to bring one new (or two gently used) kid’s book to the rally, to be presented to Network. Any age, any subject, any author, just so long as the book is intended for children.
- Rally Day: Sunday, December 2, 2012
- Starting Place: Doubletree by Hilton, 1981 North Central Expressway, Richardson, Texas 75080 (at Campbell Rd, SW quadrant, watch carefully for the single driveway)
- Registration: 8:30 to 9:15am on Rally Day
- Novice meeting: 9:15am
- Cars leave the start: 9:30am plus the car number
- Length: 90 miles (~3 hours)
- Finish: El Pueblo Mexican Restaurant, at 1909 Texoma Pkwy #103, in Sherman.
- Rally type: GTA (fun run). No special equipment required.
- Route: paved roads between Richardson and Sherman, including a popular "driver's road" that you will love.
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: "speed" is not a factor.
- Rally Fee: $30.00 SCCA Members: $10.00 discount. $5.00 late fee if not preregistered here .
- Four classes: First Timer, Novice, General, and Master.
- Rally Master: Sasha Lanz
All on paved roads, at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and a friend!
You will want to do online registration (here at MotorsportReg.com) because you will be mailed the rally rules a few days before the event.
See the rally flyer at http://texasscca.org/rallytime.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 50,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
A road rally is not a contest of speed or racing. The challenge is to follow a prescribed course at legal speeds and to read signs and landmarks along the route to find answers to questions supplied by the organizers.
This is the sixth event in the 2012
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org
This rally is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA RoadRally Championship. Sanction Number 2012-RG-41-06.
Presented by Texas Region SCCA