NER 2017 Team Challenge
SCCA - New England Region - Solo
Registration closed October 27, 2017 11:00 PM on October 27, 2017 11:00 PM EDT Registration ends October 27, 2017 11:00 PM on October 27, 2017 11:00 PM EDT Registration opens September 1, 2017 12:00 AM on September 1, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Registration runs from September 1, 2017 12:00 AM to October 27, 2017 11:00 PM
Autocross - Pre registration only (Registration for Team closes 11 PM on Friday prior to this event)
Location: Devens Airfield, Ayer Ma. (Entrance at 90 Fitchburg Rd. Ayer, Ma)
The 2017 Team event is a fun event. All drivers are welcome & awards are being given in the spirit of fun. You do not need to be on a team to register. When you arrive at the event (between 7 & 8 AM), there will be team sign up sheets at the SCCA truck. If you have a team (or even partial team), list it on the team sheets. If you aren't on a team, there will be a sheet for folks who need to be added to a team.
We are using Rally Cross scoring again this year...
- Per driver, all runs except 1 count toward the final score (your slowest run is dropped)
- Penalties: 2 seconds for a cone, 16 seconds for each off course
- Total time for each driver is multiplied by the car's PAX
- Lowest total team scores wins the Fast Team awards
Team rules for 2017 (These replace all on-line rules):
- 4 drivers form a team
- No more than two 2017 class winners on a team
- Halloween 13 rule: No more than 1 'Top 13 PAX' driver per team
- Optional: Each person in costume earns a 2 second reduction off their final score
- Note - the 2016 novice rule has been removed.
Awards for Team challenge 2017:
- Fast Teams (1st , 2nd and 3rd)
- " Clean Team" for the team with fewest cones (dropped run not counted)
- "Cone Free Driver" award given to all individuals whose final runs are clean
- Best Team Costume
- Best Team Name
- Other awards TBD...
Schedule: 7 AM - 6 PM (Please do not sign up if you can not stay the full day)
- Gates Open: 7:00 AM
- Driver Check in: 7:00 - 8:00 AM
- Tech Inspection: 7:15 - 8:45 AM
- Course Walks: 8:00 - 8:45 AM
- Drivers Meeting: 9:00 AM
- First Car Off: 9:30 AM
- Trophy Meeting: 6:00 PM
Region Rule Information (Note: The Sound Limit at Devens is 90db measured at 75 feet.)
SCCA rules & classes (Car classes in Appendix A & B)
Vehicle Eligibility: Shifter karts not allowed at Devens. Jeeps, pickups, trucks, & SUV's are NOT allowed. Call our tech chief, Josh at 603-674-0451 to check eligibility if your vehicle is not in the SCCA rule book.
If you are new, take a look at the class numbers other members will use this year - and do not use a member class # listed here: Member class numbers
Members: If you add your car class # here , if someone registers with your Class #, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have that entry changed, so you can register without a # conflict.