NEOKla Solo Safety Steward Class, May 4th
Registration closed May 3, 2013 8:59 PM on May 3, 2013 8:59 PM CDT Registration ends May 3, 2013 8:59 PM on May 3, 2013 8:59 PM CDT Registration opens April 24, 2013 6:00 PM on April 24, 2013 6:00 PM CDT Registration runs from April 24, 2013 6:00 PM to May 3, 2013 8:59 PM
With the help of Bob Seelig we're having a Solo Safety Steward class! It will be held Saturday evening, May 4th, after NEOkla Event #4 and should run around 1 hour.
What Is a Solo Safety Steward?
A person accepting responsibility from the SCCA to:
- Know and execute the regulations under which SCCA operates its events.
- Help plan and oversee the safety aspect of a Solo event.
- Show good judgment in handling real world situations.
- Hold sufficient power to shut-down or cancel events that are in non-compliance.
- Manage any incidents that occur from the moment they occur until all reports are completed and reported to the correct people
Why Become a Safety Steward?
To achieve the goal of a safe, fun event.
- We can’t run an event without one.
- Drivers, workers, and spectators all depend on you.
- People can and do get hurt in Solo.
Our entry fees are effected by our insurance rates, the Solo Safety Program is in place to help keep those rates low.
How to Become a Safety Steward.
- Be a member of the SCCA.
- Attend a training seminar. (register and attend this class).
- Act as a deputy SSS for two Solo events. Do it in two different days.
- Fill out the application and submit to SCCA Divisional SSS and National SCCA office.