MotorCity BMW CCA Grattan HPDE; Sept. 16-18, 2016
Registration closed September 11, 2016 7:00 PM on September 11, 2016 7:00 PM EDT Registration ends September 11, 2016 7:00 PM on September 11, 2016 7:00 PM EDT Registration opens May 30, 2016 12:00 AM on May 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Registration runs from May 30, 2016 12:00 AM to September 11, 2016 7:00 PM
Welcome to the Motor City Chapter BMWCCA!
It’s time for our flagship high-performance driver’s education (HPDE) weekend at Grattan Raceway.
This is your chance to explore and hone your driving abilities on one of the most entertaining courses in America.
Grattan’s 2.0 miles of exciting and challenging corners (including a 160 degree hairpin and
a downhill reverse camber turn) make it one of the best around.
Recent track resurfacing only further enhances the experience.
All drivers—young and not so young; novice, intermediate, and advanced—are welcome.
This year, the event will be held the weekend of September 16-18, 2016
(Approved advanced students and instructors are also invited to drive on Friday, September 18th.)
Motor City BMWCCA prides itself on offering
some of the best in-car instruction in HPDE.
No matter your driving level, we will help you improve!
Click "Continue" below to start your registration now!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Location: Grattan Raceway in Belding, MI
About 30 minutes northeast Grand Rapids
- Event Type: High Performance Drivers Education (HPDE)
This is a non-timed, non-competitive driving event.
Participants safely learn and develop (a) high performance driving
technique, (b) driving line at Grattan, and (c) situational awareness
through on-track and classroom experiences. In-car instructors are
provided for all students, and solo opportunities are available if student
and instructor agree it’s appropriate.
- Driving Groups: Participants will be organized into one of three driving
groups (Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced) based on experience.
Passing rules are more lenient for more experienced students, including
open passing with a point-by for the Advanced driving group.
Our goal is to foster a safe and invigorating environment for everyone!
- Drivers: Need to be 18 years or older and carry a valid drivers license.
You will also need a Snell SA or M-rated helmet (2005 or newer).
We have some helmets available to rent, but supplies are limited!
- Vehicles: Will need to undergo a pre-event technical inspection by a
licensed mechanic. Our apologies, Per BMWCCA Driving Events Operations Manual
we cannot accommodate convertibles (soft or retractable hardtop), targa, or T-top vehicles.
- Camaraderie: A cook-out will be held Saturday evening (September 17th)
after the day’s driving is complete. If you are interested, please
purchase a ticket during registration for $25 to cover all food and drink.
- <Full Weekend - Saturday & Sunday>
$360 for current BMWCCA members
$410 for non-members (price includes 1-year membership in BMWCCA)
- <Saturday Only >
$225 for current BMWCCA members
$275 for non-members (price includes 1-year membership in BMWCCA)
- <Additional Friday for Instructors & approved Advanced Students>
$150 for both members and non-members
- <SOLO Group with Coach 2X the Track time *Chief Instructor approval required*>
$450 for both members and non-members
- <Early Registration Bonus>
All new registrations after September 1, 2015 will incur a $25 late fee.
- <Full Weekend - Saturday & Sunday>
- Volunteer Options: Folks wishing to volunteer may now sign up via
the event registration page. Click "Continue" below to begin.
- Additional Information: You can find more detail about our driving schools in
general under the First Timer's Briefing (good to read even if it isn't your first time!).
You may also ask questions by sending an email to:
- Forms: All participants will need to read and complete the following forms and bring them to the event where they will be collected by Motor City Chapter BMWCCA staff.
- What’s Next: Click “Continue” to begin your registration!