MBR Event #2 2016
SCCA - Misery Bay Region
Registration closed May 21, 2016 7:59 PM on May 21, 2016 7:59 PM EDT Registration ends May 21, 2016 7:59 PM on May 21, 2016 7:59 PM EDT Registration opens May 2, 2016 12:00 AM on May 2, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Registration runs from May 2, 2016 12:00 AM to May 21, 2016 7:59 PM
Welcome to the 2016 MBR SCCA Autocross/Solo season!
Autocross is a timed event that pits a driver's skill and a car's handling ability against the clock. A course is laid out using cones and the goal is to travel from the starting line to the finish in the lowest amount of time. A time penalty is incurred when cones are hit, so precision and control are essential. "Autocross" and "Solo" are used interchangeably - "Solo" is the SCCA's specific brand of autocross.
Autocross is one of the cheapest, safest and easiest motorsports to participate in. Our fees (listed below) are low, and no special safety gear (such as roll bars, fire suits, etc.) is required except a helmet (and the MBR Region has free loaner helmets available on site). You don’t need a “race car” to participate. Almost any production car is welcome, from showroom stock to heavily modified. Cars only compete against other, similar cars depending on its original performance and modifications. Cars are never near each other on the course and the speeds are relatively low.
MBR’s events are held at Lake Erie Speedway. The Speedway is an 1/8th mile oval track with banked turns and paved infield, and we use all of it. Oval track racing might not be for everyone, but it’s hard to keep a smile off of your face blasting around the banking and diving off into the infield.
Solo Event Information
- Set-up begins at 8:00 AM
- Registration: 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
- Tech: 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
- Mandatory Driver's Meeting is at 10:00 AM
- First car off at 10:30 AM
- One day only cost is Cost is $35 for SCCA members and $50 for non-members. Members MUST have their card present for discount. ALL competitors MUST have their driver's license to participate.
- There will be a lunch break around 12:30-1:00. The nearest fast food is ~15 minutes away. We strongly recommend bringing a lunch with you.